2019/20 ACC Basketball

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
If UNC football is better than Basketball for the next few years, I surely hope something is done about that. They have an annual recipe for a natty in basketball every year. Exactly why would they fall short. There is no reason any UNC team from the last thirty years should be anywhere short of an elite 8 team.

And a fine recipe at that. Some would say it is bulletproof, except for injuries and the rayuffs. I've DM'ed Swofford about getting the officiating under control several times. We are buddies like that. He has assured me that he is on it.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
And a fine recipe at that. Some would say it is bulletproof, except for injuries and the rayuffs. I've DM'ed Swofford about getting the officiating under control several times. We are buddies like that. He has assured me that he is on it.

Thats enough mockery. I didn't intend for you to use this as a loophole to get around the smack talk. It was just a joke and now it's run its course. :)

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I guess the acc is pretty bad but balanced.
Only two undefeated teams in conference after 3 conference games.
UVA and Duke.
and now we have one.
UVA losing to BC is typical of this year.

UNc favored by 5.5 pts tonight- roy still raising cain at his team during his radio show. says it's least talented team ever in ch.
State favored by 5 against ND.
wake underdgs to FSU
Duke favored by a load over GT.

Great night with all 4 teams in play.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
and now we have one.
UVA losing to BC is typical of this year.

UNc favored by 5.5 pts tonight- roy still raising cain at his team during his radio show. says it's least talented team ever in ch.
State favored by 5 against ND.
wake underdgs to FSU
Duke favored by a load over GT.

Great night with all 4 teams in play.

What, exactly, did he say?

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Roy has certainly had his share of tactless moments with a microphone in his face. And he may be right about talent level on his team, but I'm pretty sure he signed a top ten class last year and added several transfers that were supposed to be impact players, so if it isn't working out, that's on him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
his rants are getting close to hatchell levels in terms of insulting his players.
That stuff dont work in ch.
I predicted long ago his rants would be his demise. That would be a shame.
We'll see.

nontypical

Ten Pointer
Honestly, I think he is right. Besides Brooks, (and anthony of course), the team looks like very below average D1 players to me.
Georgia Tech was having a ball dunking on us, behind the back passes, etc. etc.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Honestly, I think he is right. Besides Brooks, (and anthony of course), the team looks like very below average D1 players to me.
Georgia Tech was having a ball dunking on us, behind the back passes, etc. etc.

I agree, also....but I still can’t believe he said it.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
One mans opinion but when you call out the players that you signed and recruited as being the "least talented players you've ever had" is pretty lame excuse.

Maybe they respond to that and play better. Who knows.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
One mans opinion but when you call out the players that you signed and recruited as being the "least talented players you've ever had" is pretty lame excuse.

Who recruited this rag-tag bunch?

I’m not talking smack. I’m disappointed any coach would speak about HIS players in this manner.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Be interesting to see how the team responds to this tirade. 18 - 20 year olds are delicate creatures in as far as their psyche goes.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

we all know now.
roy is catching hell for his statements even before tonights cluster.
he may not pass dean in wins.

Last edited:

country

Ten Pointer
State was lucky to steal a win tonight against Notre Dame. They looked bad.

Hopefully leading scorer Bryce will be back soon. He has missed the last 3 games.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
sunny-day-stock-illustration-856895.jpg