2019/20 ACC Basketball

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
VA and UNC aren’t very good.

UCLA is worse?

*edit...

Virginia hasn’t played any top competition to date.

Well, they didn’t look very good yesterday (UVA). S Carolina has a decent team, but not a “beat a top 10 team on the road” squad.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Well, they didn’t look very good yesterday (UVA). S Carolina has a decent team, but not a “beat a top 10 team on the road” squad.
UVA isn't a top 10 team.

Personally, I think they're a 20-25 type of team.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

lunker30

Twelve Pointer

UVA isn’t a top 10 team. Haven’t been all year. Just lost too much to really be a top 10 team and that proves it yesterday. Lost to a 4 loss SC team that has losses to Boston University, Northern Iowa, and Houston.

College Basketball as a whole is a bit down this year.

Hoping my pack can take advantage and have a good year.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
VA and UNC aren’t very good.

You can say this for a lot of teams this year. The top 25 is a jumbled mess of teams losing games they shouldn't.

I can't speak for UVa but UNC still has a top 15 roster (recruiting) even without Anthony, they're just going to have to figure out their role in the lineup. The schedule the next 4 weeks is very favorable for growth for an inexperienced team. We'll see if it actually happens.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Heck who is top 10 team this year I'm really not convinced there are 10 top teams or even close besides 3 or 4 that I think will solidify rest seems like crap shoot

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Heck who is top 10 team this year I'm really not convinced there are 10 top teams or even close besides 3 or 4 that I think will solidify rest seems like crap shoot
well somebody has to be the top 10. :)
Which reminds me of a Junior Samples story. A true one.
he was entered in a bass tourney on lake lanier, watching the weigh in after weighing his fish.
The announcer was allowing as to how so and so had moved into the top ten.
Junior went up to emecce stopping the weigh in.

"Junior just informed me that I must have put in at least twenty people in the top ten." announced Jerry Rhyne the weigh in announcer.
"He is forgetting that I am taking somebody out each time I move somebody in." That was good for a laugh for sure.
Ole Junior played his hayseed role well on stage or not. :)
Or was he really that dang dumb?
I do know he had a young girl on each arm for the weigh in. That didnt seem too dumb at all to me.

But to turkeyfoot's post it's a crap shoot at the top.

nontypical

Ten Pointer
the injury situation looks extreme in ch.
Two more tonight.
Will they make the ncaa tourney?
I saw the knee injury on the drive to the basket, who was the other injured player?

I was glad to see the boys fight back and play hard and crash the boards. I was a little concerned when it was 11-2. Yale is a pretty good team this year. The white dude (Peirce I think) kept cutting to the basket and was open alot, one time he had time to stop and holler for the ball, and then they passed it to him.

I think they will make the ncaa tourney, but it's gonna take the kind of effort they played with last night every game. Some games they are just gonna be outmatched this year!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I saw the knee injury on the drive to the basket, who was the other injured player?

I was glad to see the boys fight back and play hard and crash the boards. I was a little concerned when it was 11-2. Yale is a pretty good team this year. The white dude (Peirce I think) kept cutting to the basket and was open alot, one time he had time to stop and holler for the ball, and then they passed it to him.

I think they will make the ncaa tourney, but it's gonna take the kind of effort they played with last night every game. Some games they are just gonna be outmatched this year!
the other injury was over in front of the "good seats" They have a step up from the floor to accomodate the fans that enter at floor level. He got his foot in an awful twist on that area. I dont know his name.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Oldest,you got to remember that UNC is a football school now. #2 qb in the league and the 2nd best recruiting class(ACC) coming in. BB team is beat up . Think football.
Sam may be better than the clemson guy. He had them beat this year.
but i do agree that unc is better in football than basketball for the next few years.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If UNC football is better than Basketball for the next few years, I surely hope something is done about that. They have an annual recipe for a natty in basketball every year. Exactly why would they fall short. There is no reason any UNC team from the last thirty years should be anywhere short of an elite 8 team.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
It is an unusual Duke team in the fact it has a ten man rotation. (the loss to SFA saw only 7 men play) lots of players are improving, and the defense is a literal buzz saw.

I must disagree on UNC basketball and football trading places. Roy has a great class coming in next year, and the Heels will be much improved.
Mack's boys will be good, but I feel they will be in the Va Tech, Virginia, Pitt and BC range again. Duke finds a qb they can be there too.

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I guess the acc is pretty bad but balanced.
Only two undefeated teams in conference after 3 conference games.
UVA and Duke.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
So clemson breaks the streak in the Smith Center on saturday and wins the football natty next Monday.
Happy New Year Tiger fans!