2019/20 ACC Basketball

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I could get into this but I'll just let em settle it on court but duke for sure didn't run va off court and I'd take that champ over them reg season wins any day

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
Wait. Back up. Uva won the NCAA title. Duke beat them twice. Once at their p[ace by ten. And Duke wasn't that good?

Lets look back at what I said, “either” Duke wasn’t that good “or” UVA was better than they showed against Duke. You seem to think it’s the 1st, I tend to lean towards the latter. Either way you want to view it, Duke didn’t blow UVA off the floor in either game, no more than UNC blew Duke off the floor beating them 2 out of 3 and once by 16. By that’s just one mans opinion, but you are entitled to yours also.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Lets look back at what I said, “either” Duke wasn’t that good “or” UVA was better than they showed against Duke. You seem to think it’s the 1st, I tend to lean towards the latter. Either way you want to view it, Duke didn’t blow UVA off the floor in either game, no more than UNC blew Duke off the floor beating them 2 out of 3 and once by 16. By that’s just one mans opinion, but you are entitled to yours also.
well if we are going on opinions unc definitely blew duke off their home floor the night the shoe blew. :) IMO.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Yes, UNC won both regular season games while Duke didn't have Zion. He comes back and we win the ACC Tournament over UNC.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
poor poor izzo. upset at the ncaa, quits his position on the ncaa coaches board, then loses to a new coach at VT.
I hope that duke accelerates his tailspin.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Duke lost to SFA. Played like freshmen tonight. Better to lose now than in March,but K has his work ahead of him..

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Duke lost to SFA. Played like freshmen tonight. Better to lose now than in March,but K has his work ahead of him..

Just one of those things that can’t happen.

I’m sure parity gets better and better each yr, but this is extremely embarrassing for Duke.

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
There’s a ton of great basketball players in college. Don’t ever overlook those teams that are loaded with more experienced players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Just one of those things that can’t happen.

I’m sure parity gets better and better each yr, but this is extremely embarrassing for Duke.
I was saying same thing when Ky lost to Evansville. I can see in college football a lower conf team like SC. Or Tenn losing but Ky and duke are supposed be cream of crop is this a freshman issue or what I'm not sure. What I do believe is get rid this one and done crap and this wouldn't happen with even junior leadership on team.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
You still think they gonna mop the floor with Va? I'm just kidding my team is right there with yours with loss to Evansville whilevranked 1 and they have 3 returning players so Ky can't blame all freshmen. Does duke start any upperclassman?

Panthera

Eight Pointer
You still think they gonna mop the floor with Va? I'm just kidding my team is right there with yours with loss to Evansville whilevranked 1 and they have 3 returning players so Ky can't blame all freshmen. Does duke start any upperclassman?
Just a soph in Jones.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’m thinking we’re about to witness our first sports forum casualty.

It’s an ACC basketball thread and the #1 team in the country just got beat at home to a 27.5 point underdog on a buzzer beater, we can’t talk about that in the sports forum?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
So duke has more turnovers than field goals for most of the first half, missed a zillion free throws and loses.
No surprise there.
Their historical overvaluation by the media is again proven absurd.
Better though to give away a game now rather than in the ncaa.
And lest we all forget duke has yet to have their rash of foot injuries.
Let Jones go down this year like last year and it will be past ugly. IMO.
Lord help them tuesday at the home of the mighty izzo and his all world guard.

Last edited:

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
It’s an ACC basketball thread and the #1 team in the country just got beat at home to a 27.5 point underdog on a buzzer beater, we can’t talk about that in the sports forum?

Sure you can. Have at it.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sure you can. Have at it.

I didn’t watch the game, but was floored at the result. To be fair, the same is coming for UNC. Cole Anthony is one hell of a player, the best freshman Roy has ever had, but 76 points per game and 60% from FT is going to result in many an ass whipping for UNC.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
I’m thinking we’re about to witness our first sports forum casualty.
No way, and I surely do not want to hear smack from fans of a team with a home loss to Wofford in their recent past..lol
So duke has more turnovers than field goals for most of the first half, missed a zillion free throws and loses.
No surprise there.
That lost to VaTech.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
^yeah I was so looking forward to a beatdown of msu by duke. i wont be holding my breath now.
the sparties probably lose on their home floor to non conference teams about as often as duke.
I can hear the SFA SFA chants now from that MSU crowd.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
No surprise there.
You think they'll best Mich st? I think they will he'll coach them good after that loss maybe wake up call

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
You think they'll best Mich st? I think they will he'll coach them good after that loss maybe wake up call
i dont think they will beat MSU but hope like hell they will beat MSU. :)
The GOAT needs a miracle but stranger things have happened in his 40 yr reign.