2019/20 ACC Basketball

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
well who is going to win that rivalry game tonight?
Unc listed as 2.5 pt favorites.
All of the Big 4 in action tonight as Duke travels to WS. They are 10 pt favorites.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I think yall better go and look at some of the stories written about duke and unc and the brawls they had before you dismiss the longevity of the rivalry.

the first battle they had took place in a high school gym where the the jayvee teams were playing
. It seems that unc had some players objecting to Jewish players on Duke's team. This was a long time ago. Art Heyman was the victim of unc anti- Semitic bias. This is 60's stuff.

There are several books devoted to the topic. It certainly predates the GOAT.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was born in Surry Co, NC in 1964. Around 1979 or 1980, Kenny Dennard signed with Duke. He played in our conference. Around 1985, a guy from my HS also signed with Duke.

I don’t recall a UNC/Duke rivalry, growing up. I recall a strong UNC/NCSU rivalry.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I was born in Surry Co, NC in 1964. Around 1979 or 1980, Kenny Dennard signed with Duke. He played in our conference. Around 1985, a guy from my HS also signed with Duke.

I don’t recall a UNC/Duke rivalry, growing up. I recall a strong UNC/NCSU rivalry.
i was born and raised a few miles from CH and durham and almost as old as you. It's always been a rivalry here.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It certainly fits the UNC narrative to describe it as such. It skews the numbers their way.

I just looked at Wikipedia.

Games cited (in the rivalry), prior to 1980 — 4

Games cited, since — 22

Draw your own conclusion😉

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
It certainly fits the UNC narrative to describe it as such. It skews the numbers their way.
there is no skewing the hate between unc and duke. Roy and K are being gentle in their old age but those two schools havent played nice with each other ever.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
I remember back in 60's during the Vic Bubas era, and then Bill Foster had his run. Coach K's rise did pour fuel on the fire.

country

Ten Pointer
Breaking news - state mascot has 2 fouls at halftime.

Going to bed. Seen this show before. Unc plus officials beat state again...

Panthera

Eight Pointer
And down goes Duke again..This team is just too much. Maybe they are garbage..9 point lead 1:21 left and blow it.. Wake shoots 50 fts...Duke has all three big men foul out..

TrkyJedi

Eight Pointer
When is the last time you can say that this is UNC's superbowl?

UNC can probably put the nail in the coffin to NC State's NCAA tourney hopes with a win. You know they know that and you know Roy hates NC State. He would like nothing better than to beat State.

The real game is tonight with FSU and Louisville. Hadn't watched much of either team until FSU/State game saturday. FSU is impressive. Tall, long, and Athletic and they get after you. If their offense shows any life, they'll beat anyone in the country.
I guess Carolina wins the Super Bowl......Again.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Fsu is the best team in the ACC....Good Game Tonight by the heels. 1 major thing I saw was they hit free throws down the stretch.

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
starfan, panthera, qbd2 have it pegged.
the two teams that had something to play for last night gagged.
Pitiful performances in meaningful games.
duke may slide to #4 in the conference and state may be toast in ncaa consideration.
even WF fans should be sick this am, they may be stuck with manning longer.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
starfan, panthera, qbd2 have it pegged.
the two teams that had something to play for last night gagged.
Pitiful performances in meaningful games.
duke may slide to #4 in the conference and state may be toast in ncaa consideration.
even WF fans should be sick this am, they may be stuck with manning longer.

State isn't "may" be toast.

They are toast.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Fsu is the best team in the ACC....Good Game Tonight by the heels. 1 major thing I saw was they hit free throws down the stretch.

brooks hit some killer free throws. Shot well above his average. He played good ball last night.

fouls and rebounds made that game. Can’t give the fouls and get beat on the boards. Offensive rebounds won that game for UNC.

I think State is a small looking team. If you foul and don’t get the rebounds.....you have to shoot 60%. That’s just what it takes to overcome.

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
After the game last night K said he wasn't worried the regular season, he was worried about March.
MARCH IS NEXT WEEK!!!
His man to man defense is the worst it's been in 10 years, State and Wake ran layup drills all night.
He's too stubborn to play zone so in my opinion the rest of the season doesn't look good for Duke.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I wasn't convinced Fla st could win reg season but I'm just about there I just figured duke or Louisville would pull it out in end but they just don't play consistent enough.