2019/20 ACC Basketball

Panthera

Eight Pointer
If I had it I would bet on both. I feel State has little chance of beating FSU, and UNC little chance of beating LV.
Saw a stat that said any team that beat Duke or UNC loses their next game 81% of the time..So there's that for state. LV is much better than UNC. But I wish they'd both win to help Duke.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
hopefully it will be determined that several duke players were "throwing games for money"
It's the only way to understand their collapses. :p

you’re hilarious.

they’re 12-3 in the conference.

“Collapses”?

lol

the new forum format allows you to show your true colors 😉

Panthera

Eight Pointer
I will say the State game was a collapse. But this team has several notable wins. Two of their loses were head scratchers, true.
But this team has the ability to rebound quickly and still make a run at the regular season and the tournament title, and a deep run in the NCAA Tournament.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
I will say the State game was a collapse. But this team has several notable wins. Two of their loses were head scratchers, true.
But this team has the ability to rebound quickly and still make a run at the regular season and the tournament title, and a deep run in the NCAA Tournament.

Getting outplayed is not a collapse.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Getting outplayed is not a collapse.
It's all about the definition of words. Maybe you're right. A collapse does not have to be long term however. The team was listless,, and looked totally unready to compete. By K's standards that's a collapse, albeit probably temporary.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
The acc's worst team (unc) went into raleigh and won without their best player.
Duke was at the time: the acc's best team, rolls into raleigh and loses by 20+

If that aint a collapse? ...... 😛
I will buy the thrown game theory but past that duke completely and utterly collapsed.
If state repeats the Valvano cycle i'll also buy that state finally played up to their potential till then you gotta give credit where it's due.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
State played bad against UNC. UNC played well against state. I think Duke played average against state....but state played exceptionally well against Duke.

shots were just falling. State looked similar to Duke teams of years gone by.

Starfan

Eight Pointer
Does anybody know why all of the ACC games are at 4:00 today? Doesn’t make any since to have all three games at the same time to me.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Looks like it's coming down to the wire. FSU and LV play tomorrow. Duke is at Wake Tuesday. Duke can win the regular season if they run the table, but it will not be easy. Wake plays better at home, Virginia will be tough. State has beaten Duke already, and UNC gave them a fit at the Dome. None of these games are easy. Duke smacked Wake earlier so the revenge factor could make this one closer than it appears on paper.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
and baylor, i think 3 of the last projected one seeds lost yesterday.
Baylor will still get number 1 they got couple easy ones left so even if drop one now and early in conf tourny they good probably Zags same but I could see SDSTU blowing their 1 seed I am in no way a believer in them even in this crazy year. May not matter March could be plum nuts and 1 or even 2 seed may not mean near as much as other years

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
The current unc losing streak has a precedent in the rivalry.
In 1992 state beat unc on jan 22.
They lost 9 straight before beating unc again on Feb 22. Bookend wins.

Wii history repeat tomorrow and unc break thru after 7 losees in a row? Or does the pack continue unc's trainwreck of a season?
It'll be fun.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
When is the last time you can say that this is UNC's superbowl?

UNC can probably put the nail in the coffin to NC State's NCAA tourney hopes with a win. You know they know that and you know Roy hates NC State. He would like nothing better than to beat State.

The real game is tonight with FSU and Louisville. Hadn't watched much of either team until FSU/State game saturday. FSU is impressive. Tall, long, and Athletic and they get after you. If their offense shows any life, they'll beat anyone in the country.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns

UNC can probably put the nail in the coffin to NC State's NCAA tourney hopes with a win. You know they know that and you know Roy hates NC State. He would like nothing better than to beat State.

The real game is tonight with FSU and Louisville. Hadn't watched much of either team until FSU/State game saturday. FSU is impressive. Tall, long, and Athletic and they get after you. If their offense shows any life, they'll beat anyone in the country.

Yep. You know Huckleberry Hound has been polishing his Red Ryder this weekend sharpening his skills. :ROFLMAO: He is ready....

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

On the super bowl, it's always duke for unc. But you are right , roy hates nscu and may have a better chance to beat them at home than he will duke in cameron this year.

FSu has already beaten lville so there's that to consider as well for tonight.
FSU is 2.5 pt favorites.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
On the super bowl, it's always duke for unc. But you are right , roy hates nscu and may have a better chance to beat them at home than he will duke in cameron this year.

FSu has already beaten lville so there's that to consider as well for tonight.
FSU is 2.5 pt favorites.

Super Bowl wording was used in the context of this game only. Obviously Duke and UNC is a bigger rivalry. I never claimed that.

I think UNC sweeps.

Florida State does too.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I think Louisville will handle Fla. Gonna be fun heading into big tourney I just wonder if conf tourneys will be as unpredictable as reg season

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Super Bowl wording was used in the context of this game only. Obviously Duke and UNC is a bigger rivalry. I never claimed that.

I think UNC sweeps.

Florida State does too.

ESPN drummed that up. Duke has been a rivalry since K arrived. What was it before then?