2019/20 ACC Basketball

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
If you as me its just not triangle basketball its most of country ain't that good right now. Numbers 4, 5, and 6 go down yesterday plus couple other ranked teams. It up in the air this year

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
A single digit home win after they just tore through Tobacco Road, is hardly putting them back in their place. Triangle basketball is not good right now, there’s no other way to put it. The fact that a 13-5 team who’s already lost to Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and Clemson in conference play, is only one game out of 2nd place, tells the tale. The ACC is down.

State was without MJ and Funderburke for the GT game. Was without CJ Bryce for the VT and other Clemson games certainly had an effect on those outcomes.

State is 13-2 with a full roster.

College basketball is down as a whole this year. Parity is great for the game. I love it when there's a bunch of teams capable of winning it all this season.

State was up 13 with under 3 to play and up 17 in the 2nd half. Game was never in doubt. Clemson came in hot after winning 3 straight.

Unc sucks for sure. But Duke is very good and State is a good team.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
State was without MJ and Funderburke for the GT game. Was without CJ Bryce for the VT and other Clemson games certainly had an effect on those outcomes.

State is 13-2 with a full roster.

And what about UNC? A healthy team beat a top 10 Oregon squad. The truth is that we could hypothetical our way into any argument we want. Being without players are a part of the game for everyone. The ACC is just not good this year. Yes the rest of the country is down as well but the ACC from top to bottom is looking mediocre at best.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Unc sucks for sure. State is a good team.

And yet one has a win over a top 10 team and one doesn’t. If you’re going to reason missing players, be consistent, especially when we’re talking about a player the caliber of Cole Anthony.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
And what about UNC? A healthy team beat a top 10 Oregon squad. The truth is that we could hypothetical our way into any argument we want. Being without players are a part of the game for everyone. The ACC is just not good this year. Yes the rest of the country is down as well but the ACC from top to bottom is looking mediocre at best.
What is unc's record with Cole?

He reminds me of DSJ. Very good player that has to shoot A LOT to get his numbers. He didn't make unc that much better when he was playing. He's selfish with the ball and isn't much of a team player.

Oregon just got beat yesterday by an unranked Washington team.

I'm betting unc won't make the ncaa tournament or NIT if Anthony returns.

He shouldn't return if the NBA lottery is his goal this year.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
And yet one has a win over a top 10 team and one doesn’t. If you’re going to reason missing players, be consistent, especially when we’re talking about a player the caliber of Cole Anthony.
Cole Anthony didn't make unc that much better.

Facts are they were extremely overvalued to begin the season, just as I thought they were. They lost a bunch from last season and left Roy scrambling to find guys in the transfer market, something he's not used to doing. The 2 he picked up have been trash and the other guys aren't much better.

They have no shooters, Bacot has been mediocre at best and guard play has been comically bad with turnovers, poor decisions and bad shooting.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
FSU rolling, 9 straight. didnt see that coming.
the acc this year in basketball is similar to the acc every year in football. minus clemson.
mediocrity disguised as parity.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
What is unc's record with Cole?
It’s Cole, Leaky and Robinson. Nearly the entire backcourt, who hasn’t been 100% this year. *IF* they can finally get Cole back this year, you’re going to see a different team there’s no question because of what’s he creates. That’s IF.........

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
They have no shooters, Bacot has been mediocre at best and guard play has been comically bad with turnovers, poor decisions and bad shooting.

When you’re backcourt gets gutted, that tends to happen. When you don’t have a PG than anyone respects, it typically leads to defenses not playing help D and opportunities being closed for everyone else.

Simply put, if you lose your best player on the court, you’re going to see issues downstream.

We will see an entirely different team with Cole, book it. And he’s already alluded that he’s coming back.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
When you’re backcourt gets gutted, that tends to happen. When you don’t have a PG than anyone respects, it typically leads to defenses not playing help D and opportunities being closed for everyone else.

Simply put, if you lose your best player on the court, you’re going to see issues downstream.

We will see an entirely different team with Cole, book it. And he’s already alluded that he’s coming back.
Apply that same logic to when State lost CJ Bryce.

When he went down, it effected everything.

With him back, they've won 2 in a row. Both rather convincingly.

The only difference is Anthony didn't make unc much better.

country

Ten Pointer
Virginia is a bad team...

Hope state gets 2 injured players back soon. Not all ACC teams struggle to score like Virginia.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Did State have anyone out with injuries this game?
Yep, 2. Played with essentially 6 guys.

And still won. On the road. Even when the officials were as bad as I've ever seen. And that's quite the feat with ACC trash.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Virginia has some of the best defense you will see.

I will also say the officiating in that game was ridiculous.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Apply that same logic to when State lost CJ Bryce.

When he went down, it effected everything.

With him back, they've won 2 in a row. Both rather convincingly.

The only difference is Anthony didn't make unc much better.

It’s your logic, not mine but in this same post you just applied a double standard using it.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i think we may know a little more about UVA now then was known in november. Defending national champions may look good to pollsters.
Have they scored 60 points in a game all year?
Arent they the worst shooting team in the nation?
Dont they fit in nicely this year in the God awful acc?
Read yesterday speculation that only three teams make the ncaa tourney.
When does spring practice start? LOL.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
i think we may know a little more about UVA now then was known in november. Defending national champions may look good to pollsters.

Have scored 60+ twice in ACC play. Both Wins.
They shoot it bad, but aren't even the worst in the conference. UNC holds that title.
They'll be more than 3 teams make the NCAA tourney. I'm guessing 5.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns

These rankings are just more proof of how meaningless they are.

They haven't scored 70 all year. Their brand of basketball is so painful to watch. Officials refuse to call fouls on their muggings and hard hedges. Its ridiculous.

Then last night Jay Huff literally throat punched DJ Funderburke and it was a play on. ACC officials are trash and always have been. They certainly tried to give UVA that game last night.

Absolutely no way the ACC gets just 3 teams in. They'll get in 5 or 6.