20 tactical??

NCbowjunkie

Ten Pointer
Any one have any dealing with this caliber. I have a TC contender action that I’m thinking about building one with maybe with 21”-22” heavy barrel. Or just rebarrel one of my AR I really like the ballistics that I’ve seen on this little cartridge

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
You should checkout the woodchuckden.com Todd Kindler, the owner, invented the 20 Tactical and has a load book called "The Terrific Twenties" with lots of articles on several different 20 caliber rounds. He sells the book for $35 and it is probably a good investment.

varminter.com and ar15armory.com also have discussions on this cool lil cartridge!

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
I think you can do anything reloading a .224cal .223 bullet. If the barrel suits the needs. The first loads I was handed to deer hunt with were 50gn tsx bullets loaded to book max and they were moving 3000+

I haven’t looked at a 20cal deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Barnes book and I’m sure others say, you can get a 30gn bullet 4000fps and a 42gn bullet close to 3400.
Of course a 1-12 is required not to explode the bullet. That is screaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NCbowjunkie

Ten Pointer
I have a friend that has one on a 700 action that has a 26” barrel he goes out to South Dakota every year with a group and shoots prairie dogs. You should see the videos of the explosions when it hits one I love wildcats and this one has caught my attention. 223 case necked down to 20. Brass will be plentiful and lots of new 20 cal rounds to choose from Thinking more on the AR platform since it is the 223 case

Attachments

• 5AF76328-2CDF-4FC8-8636-ABE46B0907E2.jpeg
    5AF76328-2CDF-4FC8-8636-ABE46B0907E2.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 17