20 gauge buckshot patterns

klim

Twelve Pointer
For Father’s Day this year my wife and my little girls got me a kicks buckicker for my 20 gauge Remington 870. I own 3 of them for my 12 gauges and had impressive results. Well safe to say, I wasn’t disappointed in my 20 gauge patterns either. All shots where taken at 40 yards and with 2 3/4 # 3 buckshot all 20 pellet loads The pictures as follows Winchester brand (unplated shot) Remington brand ( unplated shot) and Federal (copper plated). The Winchester and the Federal preformed the best. Safe to say I wouldn’t be afraid to try to kill a deer with these loads at that range (40 yards). I also tested a Federal 3 inch # 2 copperplated buckshot (18) pellets at 40’yards and was real impressed, but I don’t have any pictures of the pattern.

klim

Twelve Pointer
For Father’s Day this year my wife and my little girls got me a kicks buckicker for my 20 gauge Remington 870. I own 3 of them for my 12 gauges and had impressive results. Well safe to say, I wasn’t disappointed in my 20 gauge patterns either. All shots where taken at 40 yards and with 2 3/4 # 3 buckshot all 20 pellet loads The pictures as follows Winchester brand (unplated shot) Remington brand ( unplated shot) and Federal (copper plated). The Winchester and the Federal preformed the best. Safe to say I wouldn’t be afraid to try to kill a deer with these loads at that range (40 yards). I also tested a Federal 3 inch # 2 copperplated buckshot (18) pellets at 40’yards and was real impressed, but I don’t have any pictures of the pattern.

Attachments

• DA1A2FEE-4B3D-4014-9D70-A37C97A8EE61.jpeg
    DA1A2FEE-4B3D-4014-9D70-A37C97A8EE61.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 01687B58-E86D-46B1-9C15-5A8D32C508D1.jpeg
    01687B58-E86D-46B1-9C15-5A8D32C508D1.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 62

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Pretty impressive. I tried a bunch of buckshot in two full choke guns and one modified choked gun gun and they were dismal even at 25 yards. I may have to try a Kicks in my 870.

22LR

Twelve Pointer
Pretty impressive. I tried a bunch of buckshot in two full choke guns and one modified choked gun gun and they were dismal even at 25 yards. I may have to try a Kicks in my 870.
You want be disappointed. I have a buck kicker and like it.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
My daughter and I have several Kicks chokes. We have nothing but great things to say about them. We have 3 Buck Kickers and 3 High Flyers we have patterned with buckshot. All six pattern well. But we are shooting hand loaded buckshot. We have had better luck with the Full choke in the Buck kicker as compered to the X Full. In the High Flyer we have had great results with a full in a Browning A5 and Benelli M2. Also have a High Flyer X Full for the Benellis and it shoots great as well. Call those guys and talk with them. They are great and truly knowledgeable about shotguns and chokes. Great info and customer service.