20 ga 11-87 turkey choke

NCHNTR

Old Mossy Horns
Suggestions for a choke that’s fairly easy to purchase in a few days? My son said he wanted to try turkey hunting.....and I am not a “turkey hunter” [emoji461]️
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Suggestions for a choke that’s fairly easy to purchase in a few days? My son said he wanted to try turkey hunting.....and I am not a “turkey hunter” [emoji461]️
Thanks

not the Killer? My God he will wipe them out. :)
tell the group what gun and you'll get help.
Cant wait for his turkey pics. the deer photos are classic

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve spent $hundreds$ in search of the best choke for my 11-87 but quit when I tried the extra full Remington turkey choke!!

About $20 and outperforms the $70 ones.

NCHNTR

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve spent $hundreds$ in search of the best choke for my 11-87 but quit when I tried the extra full Remington turkey choke!!

About $20 and outperforms the $70 ones.

Is that a turkey sf?

30/06

Twelve Pointer
I second Indian Creek. I've had one in my 12 gauge 11-87 for years and it shoots everything I've shot through it well. Patterns great with both hevi-13 and Federal TSS.

rageslinger

Four Pointer
Carlson's longbeard choke is what I went with. Not the tightest pattern in the world which is what I wanted. With youth I'd rather have a little more forgiveness. My son does shoot TSS through his but I have patterned longbeards out of it and they would easily kill a bird out to 40. (With TSS it's an easy 60 yard gun if needed) Very easy choke to get yours hands on it seems like. Hope this helps!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks

so is he set up or not? you got three days to get this worked out. His raw talent and enthusiasm is being wasted on deer.
He needs exposure to real hunting asap. :)

NCHNTR

Old Mossy Horns
so is he set up or not? you got three days to get this worked out. His raw talent and enthusiasm is being wasted on deer.
He needs exposure to real hunting asap. :)

[emoji1787]....We plan on shooting some turkey loads tomorrow. My brother has a turkey sf choke and is going take him Saturday so we shall see. I may go sit in a deer stand and listen? Turkeys just do not excite me, maybe they will my son?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
[emoji1787]....We plan on shooting some turkey loads tomorrow. My brother has a turkey sf choke and is going take him Saturday so we shall see. I may go sit in a deer stand and listen? Turkeys just do not excite me, maybe they will my son?

yep sometimes it skips a generation like that. :)
i just think/hope as much as he enjoys the deer he is gonna love the turkeys as well.

NCHNTR

Old Mossy Horns
TSS carlsons choke with TSS 9s worked.
Thanks for all the suggestions and help.
034373958d4ab8b3c1c36228566de575.jpg