2 favorite Hobbies...

Edgehunter

Twelve Pointer
Added pics of my buddys tank, Got my 72 gal. Bow front set up last Sunday , went from a 55 to it, all day job, saltwater tank! I like my Euro's on top of my canopy. Couple hanging. Any body else have any tanks?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

GrizzlyBear

Old Mossy Horns
Man id be embarrassed putting that little thing on here.

Tank that is! :). Nice setup.

Last edited:

dirtburn

Four Pointer
We bought our son a 25 gallon fresh water a few years ago and we found we enjoy it more than he does, a bigger tank is definitely in our future.

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Nothing big here. Just a 10 and a 5.5 gallon. Will get a larger one in the future

tmcullen

Many years ago we had 10 tanks going. Biggest was a 135 gallon. Had to leave it behind when we moved down here. No room in the truck. I do miss having one.

Edgehunter

Twelve Pointer
Here's another pic of it all,probably a 35 gal. sump in the bottom, skimmer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1

BuzzCut

Ten Pointer
Had a 54 gallon salt until we moved from NC to OH...once we moved back to NC, haven't set one back up yet. I do miss it...thanks for the reminder and makes me say, "One day, I'll do it again..."

BuzzCut

Ten Pointer
I put black construction paper across the back of mine to hide the hoses running to my sump/skimmer...Wifey complained about looking at the hoses so I had to think of a solution. :D

Edgehunter

Twelve Pointer
My sump sticks out the back, had to strengthen up the stand, the back had to go!
Kendo, nothing to it once you get it going, easier than freshwater .

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
Got about a 5acre freshwater one right here in the backyard........ not sure how many gallons it is....��

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
I've always wanted a saltwater tank, but never had the money on hand to get one going like I wanted. I've got a 39 gallon tank we set up when we built the house 17 years ago. Still have our original pleco, believe it or not.

BuzzCut

Ten Pointer
Edgehunter, sorry, I re-read my post & it was confusing...I put the black paper on the back of the tank...hid the hoses and gave it a very cool look.

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
Hope these photobucket slideshows work. Here are some of my fish/tanks from when I was doing it as a side business. I'm still addicted to the tropical fish hobby.... big time.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Keeper123/slideshow/My Aquarium Pictures

I currently have one tank running. It's a planted nano tank, but will be doing a 120-500 gallon tank in the near future. Have a 300 laying in the back yard right now.

Planted Nano grow in progression, it's backwards and aggravating to change in photobucket.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Keeper123/slideshow/Planted Nano Tank

I've bred some of the largest cichlids (temensis aka Peacock Bass) to some of the smallest Dicrossus Filamentosus, man you've got me off on a tangent now.

Last edited:

CarolinaWildlife

Ten Pointer
I've got a 55 gallon freshwater tank cichlid tank. I'm looking a big and nicer tank. This thing is about 25 years old. I got it from a friend of friend with at 20 year old clown loach.
anugapej.jpg
vasy3abu.jpg
ydy7e5ej.jpg
sume8yqe.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
Carolina how's that mono doing in the tank with the africans? How long has it lived? Nice fish btw.

Oh and I hope you realize how big that catfish in there can potentially get.

Last edited:

CarolinaWildlife

Ten Pointer
Fest...the mono is doing well. Had it for about 6 months. I do realize how big that catfish can get...after the fact. I plan on putting it in a separate tank once it starts getting too big.

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
Fest...the mono is doing well. Had it for about 6 months. I do realize how big that catfish can get...after the fact. I plan on putting it in a separate tank once it starts getting too big.

Don't feel bad. I've done it before too on a redtail cat. Wound up keeping it in a 750 gallon cattle stock tank until I could find a suitable home for it. It's a very cool fish to have though.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My wife had a small aquarium for about a year and a half. It got so bad that I'd hum "Taps" and give a fish eulogy in advance every time she brought a new fish home. No matter WHAT she did, or what kind of fish she got, it had a short life at our house. She cleaned the tank regularly, disinfected everything, medicated the water, tried distilled water, well water, and no telling what all...and every single fish DIED. I had an aquarium as a kid and had the same fish for years without any problem. All I know is, I don't want her anywhere near my garden!

Luv2Boutdoors!

Ten Pointer
Gotta a 75 gallon with 4 oscars and a 10 gallon with assorted tropical fish. I think aquariums make a house look much better on the inside.

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
Gotta a 75 gallon with 4 oscars and a 10 gallon with assorted tropical fish. I think aquariums make a house look much better on the inside.

I swear I'm not being mean, but you need to at least double the size of the tank the Oscars are in. They get very big and are trashy fish in the sense that they produce a lot of waste. They'll get the size of a football eventually or die somewhere along the way.

thandy

Ten Pointer
I had two oscars in a 75 gallon and both were about the size of a youth football when I moved. They were very nasty fish and we had to clean the tank weekly. I didnt get rid of the tank at that time but i didnt want to move it so I put it in storage where it something fell into it and it shattered. Now my son has a 10 gallon with a red eared slider in it a little bigger then a soft ball.