2 biggest games in Sports this weekend.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
UNC/Duke & the Superbowl. The 2 biggest shows in the sports world. The Super bowl should be good but it really doesnt matter who wins the UNC/DUKE game, they are both terrible. First time since Eisenhower that neither is ranked.

SnowMaker

Ten Pointer
I think the bball game you speak of is quite a stretch to call biggest in the spots world. In a few counties of NC? Sure, but not the county, not the state, not the US and dang sure not the world.
You go on with that this is an NC forum

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Heck with all the transplants from other states ( me included) it ain't even that big of deal in NC anymore😁

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
This rivalry is one of the biggest in the world whether some want to believe it or not. .............The GOAT showed tonight he has the best of 2 terrible teams...............

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
The world is awful big place and I can bet money most countries couldn't care less about tobacco row bball game more of the overall world would care more about soccer just to be honest about it. College bball is my second favorite sport but truth is unless your connected to this rivalry most of average USA watch college for March madness

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
This rivalry is one of the biggest in the world whether some want to believe it or not. .............The GOAT showed tonight he has the best of 2 terrible teams...............
I dont really follow sports on the global level. Dont really do that great following on a national level. But I saw a highlight on a news channel about a soccer game having to be postponed because of "fan interruptions". I bet those guys dont have a clue there was a basketball game in North Carolina yesterday!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I don't think it's any more of a rivalry than FSU/Miami. Want to see a REAL rivalry? Go to a Red Sox Yankess game, or go see the Iron Bowl.

Then there is soccer. That's a whole nother level most in the US will never fully understand or appreciate the loyalty to.

Bottom line is outside of a few counties in NC, most could care less about that game, or that "rivalry". Those who do camp out for days, or plan weeks ahead for the game no question. I just don't think it's all that many people.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Carolina Duke is most definitely one of the top rivalries in all of sports. People from all over the country watch it as well as different parts of the world. As far as how much fun it is......it’s the top rival in all of sports. Yankees-red Sox is the greatest rivalry in sports history but it has lost its punch in the last 10 years. Even when unc or Duke or both aren’t that great that rivalry just about always delivers. There has never been 2 teams that close and that good that hate each other the way those 2 do. If you’ve ever experienced it you understand compared to the others. My wife went to auburn and we’ve been to the iron bowl multiple times but it is no comparison to Carolina Duke. And FSU-Miami used to be a premier rivalry but it’s not so much any more. Same for Ohio st Michigan.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I don't think it's any more of a rivalry than FSU/Miami. Want to see a REAL rivalry? Go to a Red Sox Yankess game, or go see the Iron Bowl.

Then there is soccer. That's a whole nother level most in the US will never fully understand or appreciate the loyalty to.

Bottom line is outside of a few counties in NC, most could care less about that game, or that "rivalry". Those who do camp out for days, or plan weeks ahead for the game no question. I just don't think it's all that many people.
Red Sox and Yankees is a stupid serious off the chart rivalry.....
My dad says you do NOT mention the Yankees without a 4 letter word first in any Boston bar or restaurant.
My daughter had a date canceled cause she had on NY Yankees baseball cap and the boy was a Red Sox fan....
Yeah I think that Duke UNC rivalry is confined to this state only. I dont see it being anything big

Last edited: