1st hand experience with Non-Slip Surface applied to a Bathtub floor ?

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Not stick-ons or mats, etc.....want a non-slip coating applied to the floor surface of the bathtub.
( North Raleigh / NW Wake County area )
Thanks.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sex wax and sand. It works on surfboards.
Thanks...that probably would but not sure mama would like the idea of occasional loose sand in her tub.
:)

Hoping for referrals of somebody / some company who adds a professional non-slip coating in a bathtub.
Found one in Apex...quoted me $275...thought I'd look around some more

.35Rem

Eight Pointer
Mats may not be preferred but a perm coating on the tub will be a bear to keep clean. Even the stick one get kinda cruddy and need good scrubbing.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
In the apartment industry we tried the spray on stuff to refurbish old, tired tubs but it doesn't hold up long term. It gets nasty looking quick and no amount of cleaning brings it back. I would try some stick on's but plan to replace it about twice a year.....

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thanks...that probably would but not sure mama would like the idea of occasional loose sand in her tub.
:)

Hoping for referrals of somebody / some company who adds a professional non-slip coating in a bathtub.
Found one in Apex...quoted me $275...thought I'd look around some more
But think of the looks on the grandkids faces when the sex wax is proudly displayed by the tub!

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
In the apartment industry we tried the spray on stuff to refurbish old, tired tubs but it doesn't hold up long term. It gets nasty looking quick and no amount of cleaning brings it back. I would try some stick on's but plan to replace it about twice a year.....
Thanks...have been using various stick-ons over the years.
But no matter what or how I clean the tub surface, like you said, they never seem to stay put more than a few months.
Had gotten tired of fooling with them and 'assumed' a professionally applied coating would be the right thing.
Canceling this idea...thanks !

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Does your tub have the grippy textured surface on the bottom molded into it? Or is it a very slick bottom style?

Might be a good idea to look at a new tub to see if one has a better textured surface built in.