1st Coyote of the Season

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Trapping season came in Saturday but this one did not get a new bracelet. I was sitting in the deer stand this morning and she made the mistake of showing up and stepping in a small opening through the trees. I let the ML bark and bite. DRT at 50 yds. That is one less litter of pups next spring.

BTW......she tipped the scales at 35 lbs. Heavier than I thought she was. Fur is better than I expected as well but nowhere near prime. Very blue.

900119ea-4f6a-4c09-9f0c-24cea7a8554a.jpg

Last edited:

JLove1974

Twelve Pointer
Congrats. You make that one a good one. I think females are almost akin to trophies for the very reason you stated: One less litter or two of yotes.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Good work but we arnt going to be able to control the coyote population. We might as well learn to live with them.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Way to go Harold. Not an expert on fur by any means but it sure looks like a nice coat to me. Best part of that is the fact that she's D E A D and won't be contributing to the population expansion.

Just so Wildcat3 knows, we may not be able to control them but we sure as heck can have a lot of fun working at it.