1937 Dodge D5 4 Door Humpback Touring Sedan

Sharps40

Twelve Pointer
Was just up last week. Grill is in place and looks great. Dash is painted blue and assembled with the chrome bits around the ash tray, cigaratte storage box, radio delete plate. Window garnish moldings are painted. All the door handles are installed and functioning. Door lock is installed. Front bumper is on. Tilt steering column is in.

End of april first of may all the hot rods move to a new building. Bessy is in the first rotation so she goes first with 4 other cars to be finished up.

Once she's moved over and work reestablished on the five cars, they'll start the ordering/working radiator, ac, trans brain, wiring harness, brakes, exhaust, etc.

Sharps40

Twelve Pointer
She's moved into the new shop!

Today is the first time we have seen Ol Bessy assembled since she was hit by a drunk way back in 1992. She is looking GRAND! (Even in her first rough assembly.) Hard to believe we are on the final leg of a journey that started in 1957 when Dad bought her for $50 with hopes of one day having a V8 in her. Now she sports a 21st century 315 horse mill and quite soon, all the creature comforts of a modern automobile. (Power steering, independent suspension, power disc brakes, Air Conditioning, Tilt Wheel, 4 speed automatic overdrive and she'll still look just like she did 82 years ago.)

And, I think my home made aluminum grill surround looks pretty good too!

Sharps40

Twelve Pointer
Yep, he's standing strong. 80 years old in about 3 weeks! I am looking forward to filming him drive Ol Bessy out of the garage for the first time. I'm gonna have to invest in a GoPro and some lessons on editing and adding music to the film. With any luck, there will be bucks and does in that trunk in the fall of 2020.

Sharps40

Twelve Pointer
Just got a call from the shop manager. Seems they want a meeting to discuss a solution to completion. They may want to set a goal as tight as 90 days to turn key resto mod. He feels the wait has been more than enough. Fingers crossed!