12 days on road and didnt see much wildlife

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I just got home last night after covering a large chunk of real estate over the past 12 days. 4 days in western Carolina linnvile blowing rock area, east Tenn on way to Nashville and a lot of Kentucky. Went up to mammoth cave in to Cincinnati and then back down through east Kentucky where the elk are. We didn't see a single turkey, some deer and one bear. Never found any elk but that was my first time in that part of Kentucky. We drove a lot of back roads and forest roads just didn't see much. A bit unusual cause I typical stumble on to some critters.

My first time really in Nashville and we went to the Grand Old Opery one night and the country music hall of fame. Cincinnati was fun too. But I'm glad to be back home.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
That's lot of riding, odd not see any turkeys must be heat keeping animals in shade.
The lack of turkeys really surprised me. A lot of riding early morning and just before sun set. I almost never ride on BRP without seeing turkeys. I hope it was just bad timing and not a sign the population has dropped.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
The lack of turkeys really surprised me. A lot of riding early morning and just before sun set. I almost never ride on BRP without seeing turkeys. I hope it was just bad timing and not a sign the population has dropped.
Western NC is where I hunt and last spring was one worse years for hearing seeing birds in good while this spring shoulda been great for hatch hoping for strong rebound. Usually even with numbers down the BRP does have some sightings I enjoy that ride for sure except during wknd in Oct?

timber

Twelve Pointer
I think a lot on not seeing turkeys is the time of year. A lot of turkeys here but don’t see them as much unless you see them crossing road because of crops. They are in the beans and cotton fields now around here. Most farmers plant right up to the woods line so they are not as visible