12/7

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Not at all and camo just adds to the fashion
I used to be habitually late to the big Thanksgiving event for one part of my family.
damndest thing I ever seen. the patriarch hunted 6 days a week until dark. But on thanksgiving decreed that the meal needed to be at 4:30pm. he was a state employee with unlimited hunting time, I was not.
Kill us one sky hawk so we can all be justified in our lateness due to deer. :)

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Hope lot were hunting this morning seen more deer from hickory to taylorsville this morning around 0800 than all year. 2 dead on I40 one nice little buck at old Conover exit another deaf one at oxford dam bridge. I also Was inches from nailing doe coming out of the park there. Saw 6 more eating in mowed soybean field. They know what's coming

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Well i decided to try a new girlfriend this year and im already suckered into going to 2 freakin Christmas parties next week,,Uggggggg WTH was I thinking..

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
That's why I keep my old one matter fact wed was 20th anniversary. She never says a word hunt much as I want we'll be married till death

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
Hope lot were hunting this morning seen more deer from hickory to taylorsville this morning around 0800 than all year. 2 dead on I40 one nice little buck at old Conover exit another deaf one at oxford dam bridge. I also Was inches from nailing doe coming out of the park there. Saw 6 more eating in mowed soybean field. They know what's coming
I saw a lot of deer on Hwy 90 this morning heading to Lenoir for work. It's the most deer that I have seen in awhile in the morning.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I saw a lot of deer on Hwy 90 this morning heading to Lenoir for work. It's the most deer that I have seen in awhile in the morning.
Same here I thought they had all holed up sure glad I missed that one I was going down hill toward river with semi riding my bumper coulda got ugly

tjfreddy

Button Buck
I hunted Guilford county this morning. Saw 15 does, 1 spike horn, and an 8 pointer with a small kicker/drop tine that took a ride home with me. (He is the biggest buck that I have seen this year) They were out moving this am. It helps that the farmer planted sweet potatoes this year instead of tobacco. The deer have just figured out that the sweet potatoes left in the field are a food source.

Attachments

• 5D68310A-4066-41B4-A409-61584076A9A7.jpeg
    5D68310A-4066-41B4-A409-61584076A9A7.jpeg
    252.4 KB · Views: 63

ditchbank

Banned
074672be82edfcc9dbfc89d46a66d6e8.jpg

TOLD YA!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I hunted Guilford county this morning. Saw 15 does, 1 spike horn, and an 8 pointer with a small kicker/drop tine that took a ride home with me. (He is the biggest buck that I have seen this year) They were out moving this am. It helps that the farmer planted sweet potatoes this year instead of tobacco. The deer have just figured out that the sweet potatoes left in the field are a food source.
Good one Freddy, congratulations, seems they were indeed on their feet this am.

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Well i decided to try a new girlfriend this year and im already suckered into going to 2 freakin Christmas parties next week,,Uggggggg WTH was I thinking..

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
If she's new the "On Call" gig may work. Just let me know time and date. Lol

johnnyk2000

Eight Pointer
Up a tree for a long afternoon sit in Onslow co. Did the ole crab the climber and walk in trick again. Lots of old sign but we shall see

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thutty-thutty

Eight Pointer
Saw 2 6pts and a decent 5pt eating and chasing does yesterday evening. This morning I saw a different 5 pt & a spike. No shooters of course but really fun seeing activity this late. Ashe county

CAP305

Six Pointer
Up in a small patch of public just southeast of lake Tillery. first time on this property. doe snuck away as i walked into pune bedding. guessing the buck with her went out drinking last night. BIG deer scat pile that looked fresh. half solid other half runny/nasty. hoping the cut cornfield behind me gets em headed back this way.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Up for the first time since Thanksgiving. A few fresh scrapes on the way in. Saw some does on the property @4:30pm yesterday while doing a drive by. Wind seems to keep changing.

DanH

Four Pointer
Checking in from the Rock. Finally pulled the trigger on a 6 point yesterday. After losing all my meat due to power outage from TS Michael it feels good getting some in the freezer again. Hopefully they will be moving again this evening around here. Good luck

popekilldragon

Button Buck
Snuck up on this guy taking a nap on an island in the middle of a creek in Onslow. Was polite enough to wake him up before putting an arrow through him, at least.

That was at 12:45pm. I'm still dragging him out, but at least we're on flat land/actual trail now. In retrospect, should've just quartered it.

Attachments

• AD527A47-9499-4935-9481-7EA66B77743B.jpeg
    AD527A47-9499-4935-9481-7EA66B77743B.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 107

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
The Uni buck is in the corn. That's a young 1 antler about 4 inches long. He loves getting his picture taken. I think he goes to every camera I have out.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Reactions: jug

buckman84

Eight Pointer
I was telling the wife how good the deer were going to move tomorrow night with the storm rolling in, and she reminded me that we have a Christmas party at 6 pm, 30 minutes in the opposite direction.

Is an hour too much to be fashionably late?
Your not alone, wife's company she works for is throwing a Christmas party tomorrow and im having to tag along!

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They were chasing good up at the Rock. I saw a nice tall racked buck cross the road just as I was pulling out. :sneaky: