12/7

Swamp_Donkey

Eight Pointer
Well my afternoon sightings have gone to nothing so I am going to see what a morning sit will do. I dusted a coyote last night around 4:30 so that ruined my spot. High pressure is here this AM and in my experience that means bucks are moving more. Do I need to convince you more to roll out of that warm bed and sit in a chilly deer stand? :D

MK82

Button Buck
Nope. I shut my thermostat off so my house is cold as hell. Pitter patter lets get at her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ditchbank

Banned
High pressure and cold weather means deer are definitely moving just hope they didn’t feed to much all night light in this NEW MOON. The weather and temps are good but the moon sucks. I predict a strong mid December killing spree on the kill threads. The moon will be on the rise next week and temps look favorable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dropnbassonu

Four Pointer
Up a tree in Wilkes. Just had a nice 8 walk past me coming from the opposite direction deer travel in the morning . That's a great sign to me already. Capture+_2018-12-07-06-38-11.pngCapture+_2018-12-07-06-32-04.png Good luck to all today.

aaronmdln1

Six Pointer
Tucked in tight to a split forked white oak in Stanly Co.. No movement yet,,hunting a natural funnel/travel,,,no bait close by so we shall see.. Good luck,,feels pretty good out this morning,should be some movement

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

ditchbank

Banned
208eaba7cf01cf7fb8f4fceeee4adf97.jpg

Just got in!!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Well my afternoon sightings have gone to nothing so I am going to see what a morning sit will do. I dusted a coyote last night around 4:30 so that ruined my spot. High pressure is here this AM and in my experience that means bucks are moving more. Do I need to convince you more to roll out of that warm bed and sit in a chilly deer stand? :D
Good luck. they should do some interesting stuff the next few days.
not too often we get to hunt in advance of a winter storm event like the one coming.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well my afternoon sightings have gone to nothing so I am going to see what a morning sit will do. I dusted a coyote last night around 4:30 so that ruined my spot. :D

Not necessarily. I've popped a squirrel off my corn pile and 10 minutes later had deer walk in. Congrats on the yote!!

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good luck. they should do some interesting stuff the next few days.
not too often we get to hunt in advance of a winter storm event like the one coming.

I was telling the wife how good the deer were going to move tomorrow night with the storm rolling in, and she reminded me that we have a Christmas party at 6 pm, 30 minutes in the opposite direction.

Is an hour too much to be fashionably late?

Swamp_Donkey

Eight Pointer
Had to get down, couldn't feel my big toe due to the cold! Bumped one on my way in, I'm pretty sure it ran 10 feet, watched me climb my stand and then walked off slowly. As someone said earlier hope to really some movement in the net few days, every time I've had the opportunity to hunt before incoming winter weather they move by the herds!

ditchbank

Banned
I don’t think the hunting is going to be as good as you guys think. It’s a low pressure system and they are not going to move as well during it. This afternoon should be great, But the day the storm moves in and while it’s here not so good. I’m thinking Monday or Tuesday when the high pressure moves back in.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I was telling the wife how good the deer were going to move tomorrow night with the storm rolling in, and she reminded me that we have a Christmas party at 6 pm, 30 minutes in the opposite direction.

absolutely not. It's a three times in a lifetime event. for central NC deer hunters. Your wife will understand, your other party goers don't count.
Good luck!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I don’t think the hunting is going to be as good as you guys think. It’s a low pressure system and they are not going to move as well during it. This afternoon should be great, But the day the storm moves in and while it’s here not so good. I’m thinking Monday or Tuesday when the high pressure moves back in.

FWIW Ditch I think your forecasts are off usually as well. :)
That's why you have to go and see.
But if you haven't seen crazy movement before and during a front, you have been deprived.

ditchbank

Banned

FWIW Ditch I think your forecasts are off usually as well. :)
That's why you have to go and see.
But if you haven't seen crazy movement before and during a front, you have been deprived.

Before YES, not during. Snow is just frozen rain. It’s doesn’t matter to the deer if it’s rain or snow it doesn’t bother them. However the pressure indicates movement. The only thing I have seen in real low pressures like this are DUCKS.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Before YES, not during. Snow is just frozen rain. It’s doesn’t matter to the deer if it’s rain or snow it doesn’t bother them. However the pressure indicates movement. The only thing I have seen in real low pressures like this are DUCKS.

well as I said you have missed out. Try it and see. cuss me later. LOL

ditchbank

Banned

well as I said you have missed out. Try it and see. cuss me later. LOL

Didn’t say I wasn’t gonna try it. I just wanna be in the stand the minute it moves out. You watch your local cow herd this weekend and see what they are doing.

ditchbank

Banned
You wanna kill a deer today hunt between 10-2. I’m
In the stand knowing I’m wasting my time but a few deer may still be moving. The longer I sit here the better my chances, but the chances of me sitting here long enough are slim, I have been up since 3pm yesterday. Guarantee I will have pictures of deer on camera late morning to early afternoon.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Some deer should die over the next 2 days. I will be in the woods daylight to dark tomorrow. Or until I run out of tags, whichever happens first.

Think I am going to take the lever action challenge tomorrow. Winchester Model 88 .308

ditchbank

Banned
Deer will die the next two days, mostly everyone on the forum
Is off work so the odds of more people posting kills are way better. And the first two deer of the day just appeared

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns

Not at all and camo just adds to the fashion

aaronmdln1

Six Pointer
Well i decided to try a new girlfriend this year and im already suckered into going to 2 freakin Christmas parties next week,,Uggggggg WTH was I thinking..

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk