12/3

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Dragging looking at the windy cold. I’m facing a 2 hour climb down a sheet of ice. If I wasn’t so excited to hunt that stand I’d hunt my stand near the bear den and hunt the other in the afternoon. A close friend said it best when fishing here with me. “You want me to come back, buy a helicopter”😁 Good luck everyone

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
I’m thinking the tight rock formations will block the wind though...sigh... I’m going... I’m going.... arguing with myself like I’m trying to motivate my teenager.

cgrhyne

Six Pointer
Headed out in Lincoln... I feel y’alls pain, 10 minute walk from the 4wheeler with about -9’ of elevation change, throw my climber on the tree and go up. Think I’d take up basket weaving or something if I had to work as hard at it in this cold like you guys do.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Up and out early this morning, sitting in the same spot where I saw the does yesterday afternoon, hoping the local bucks will be scent checking.

Almost stepped on a skunk on the hike in; don't need that kind of cover scent!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
So goes the life of a public hunter.
Got beat to the spot which has very narrow access. Didn’t want to crowd him. He earned it.

Headed back to house to process meat from the doe I killed Friday.

Will be up there earlier tomorrow.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
So goes the life of a public hunter.
Got beat to the spot which has very narrow access. Didn’t want to crowd him. He earned it.

Headed back to house to process meat from the doe I killed Friday.

Will be up there earlier tomorrow.
in my mind i feel like i know a spot that fits what your describing. and if it is there is a ton of sign of good bucks in there, but not until you walk a mile in then its all over.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
My son and I are in stands in Lincoln Co. I hope he can see one of the bucks I passed waiting on the one I was after.
Just good to be hunting together again.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Not terrible, took a little over an hour without a lot of experience with the LW. Made maybe a bit too much noise. We’ll see what comes. Be nice to have some lunch or a snack but we didnt have anything easily packed. Now just need some backyard hunters to push them down to me.183EFC16-C74B-4AD1-AAB0-8FBCBE2C865C.jpeg

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
I’m back at it again in JoCo. I opted for a spot that doesn’t cause much disturbance and the walk from my truck to the blind is only about 150 yards.

Attachments

• 1356056B-BA7B-44CB-8BD2-505EEB5C771C.jpeg
    1356056B-BA7B-44CB-8BD2-505EEB5C771C.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 83

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
in my mind i feel like i know a spot that fits what your describing. and if it is there is a ton of sign of good bucks in there, but not until you walk a mile in then its all over.
Bad part is I could get there easily from the parkway but it’s closed.....

But that would require a pretty tough uphill pack-out if successful.

Seems like what few deer I’ve found this year are wayyyyyyy back in places, or right behind houses.....

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer

Seems like what few deer I’ve found this year are wayyyyyyy back in places, or right behind houses.....[/
Yep I agree you gotta get way out or right on top of houses. That said I grew up way out in the sticks and never seen deer around my parents house and now they see deer almost daily. So at least the deer numbers seem to be coming up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Well, back at the house. I saw a young 7 pt. I'd seen before. I also saw a big, tall 7pt. I'd seen before. At 0823 and 0935, respectively.
My son only saw a small doe with a fawn, two other fawns, and a cowhorn. Don't know the times.
Oh well, nice to be back out there together.
Best of luck to everyone else !

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Nothing for me this AM. Checked cams and looks like the hogs cleaned out all the corn within 24 hours of putting it out and not much activity since.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Nothing here, just icicles on eyelids. Found a bunch more rubs all around the stand and an area 400 yards out along the path that must be some kind of acorn they like. They’ve got a football fields sized path all dug up.

Shoulder started really hurting inexplicably then when standing up my good new hurt so bad I couldn’t straighten it for a bit. Gotta call the Dr but they’ll probably want to send me to the big hospital to be poked and prodded. With only a handful of days to hunt I’m trying to postpone. Maybe It’s middle age catching me.

Seems like what few deer I’ve found this year are wayyyyyyy back in places, or right behind houses.....

Been working in the Cliffs at Walnut Cove all day, I've seen 2 bucks.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
I'm in my box blind in Beaufort county. I'm still thinking doe but you never really know what will pop out this time of year.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Been working in the Cliffs at Walnut Cove all day, I've seen 2 bucks.
It’s happening in the mtns.
Had a young 8pt chasing 4 does around the house for 4hrs this morning. 8:30-12:30 they were never more than 100 yards away. Fun to watch. Coulda shot him 16 times but I don’t get a kick out of porch deer.

Swamp_Donkey

Eight Pointer
They destroyed my corn the last few days, I just hope it’s during daytime hrs. Glad the wind is going to lay down, should be a good afternoon hunt.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sitting in a different spot this afternoon. If I don't get a chance to fill this last buck tag by week's end, I'll start settling for does.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TH7

Eight Pointer
I’m back at it again in JoCo. I opted for a spot that doesn’t cause much disturbance and the walk from my truck to the blind is only about 150 yards.

So what happens when bullwinkle strolls thru in front of your truck?:D haha

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Back at it for the evening sit. Different piece of property. Second time here all year. See what happens.
Best of luck to everyone. Stay warm up there, Gremcat !

koszman

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Had 3 bucks come out together at 4:30 a small 8 and 2 spikes then 6 does came out about 5:10. Let them walk

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
So what happens when bullwinkle strolls thru in front of your truck?:D haha

That happened last season but it was a big doe and not a buck. It doesn’t look high in the pic but my blind is elevated on a platform that’s about 8 feet to the floor so I’m shooting down into the ground. The doe stepped out and paused to look at my truck and I drilled her. Just backed the truck up about 100ft and loaded her up. No dragging required😎