12/27 Gene Pool time

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Crisp 36 degrees and light winds out of the ENE here in DC. Getting ready to hit the condo and fire up the heater.

Good luck to those that venture forth. Be safe out there.
6caf54994ef92cbd140e1455863185e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

smilliganqb

Eight Pointer
Up a tree in Watauga for the morning. Last week had a 6pt, big nanny doe and 2 piebald doe on me early. Hope I can get it done this morning. GL all!

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Been seeing deer all over while driving the past 3 days. Haven't had the desire to go without some evidence of daylight movement by mature deer. Plenty of does and 1.5 year olds moving though.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Back up a tree in Chatham County this afternoon. Wasn’t cold enough this morning to keep the ticks away. Had one crawling across my hand on drive home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
did you find the big 8 jug?
No I went 170 plus yards where deer ran across creek and could not find a speck of blood. Deer ran into my neighbors 50 plus acres of young Virginia pines. That is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I have gotten 5 different smaller bucks on camera since Christmas eve but not him. I have shot a doe that went 150 plus yards with no blood trail up in Northampton that I luckily found. I did not find this one.
Spent over 2 hours yesterday looking. Hopefully I missed him but he has not showed back up on camera. He came onto the corn pile at 4 35 so I figured had I missed he would been back for some good ole corn the last 2 days.

Last edited: