12-2 Live

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I got up. My stuff was packed.
Its cold up here, the bed was warm, and I wasn’t looking forward to a 1.5 miler to get up to where I wanted to hunt.

So I laid, and the baby graced us with an extra 90 minutes of sleep this morning!!

Winner!

If it hadn’t been a fullllllllll moon last night I’d feel a little worse about not going.

The late morning action up here should be awesome but I have to work up that meat for the two deer on Saturday.

Thutty-thutty

Eight Pointer
Back in Ashe it’s cold but waiting on big 10pt that shows up every time I’m not here. I’m not expecting anything until after 9 because of moon . Anyone seen any signs of 2nd rut yet??

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Nice still morning.
Two big group of does passed one at 7:30; one an hr or so later. One feeble set of horns in the whole crowd.
the deer outnumbered other critters this am for me.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
They are OUT right now. On like a light. I’m gonna grab my 44 pistol and go for a walk.
Might grunt one in, never know.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Think I’m gonna give this afternoon a try after I run a few errands for the wife, probably leave the house around 12:30. Haven’t decided where to yet.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
The buck I saw today was by himself head down eating in a wheat field for a minute and a half straight never picked his head up just chowing down.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Deer were definitely moving today. I saw 12 by the time I had to quit at 9 am, including one 8-point. Compare that to yesterday, hunting the same stand, where I saw zero.

I would like to have sat there and hunted until midday the way they were moving.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I've got a couple videos with my phone from 600 yards away. I'll try to upload them to YouTube and see if they have any decent quality

genbud78

Ten Pointer
Sat this morning until about 10. Young 8 and spike shortly after legal. Fun to watch but didn't shoot. Had one cut my trail behind me and blow as it ran off, no clue what it was. Back in for the evening. Hoping for a fat doe or good buck

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Seen chasing yesterday with a nice 8ptr all over the field....even laid down and rested. Thats a first for me.

Not hunting this afternoon due to an important card game I have......[emoji14]

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Took the scenic route to a saddle, ran into someone’s hound dog who followed me around a bit and finally got into some decent buck sign when I got back here to where I wanted to go just no tracks since the snow. Did follow a set of doe tracks a piece that cut up towards this way. Decent looking little bench below me around a thicket then the saddle back to my right. Maybe something will cruise through before dark.

Going Coastal

Eight Pointer
Doe down. Three bucks, three doe and several gobblers feeding together.

a6ffb629af51385c356dd47ce80ffdaf.jpg

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Last edited: