12/14 Live

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Rockin and rolling 30 feet up in Forsyth county..shoulda worn more clothes and waterproof pants, dern wet stands.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Went after ducks morning and evening today. Saw a few but not as many as I expected, and the ones I did see weren’t interested in the decoys.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
fcb69b94522fbeaadcc680b770fafd9e.jpg
2350874dae4cda876d663602e86817b2.jpg

[emoji1303] $65 cart does good. Definitely better than dragging a mile..

The other doe never came out, but decided to jump over in the thicket & blew til dark.. [emoji2357]. Believe me if I could have spotted just a flicker from her, I’d sent one her way.

Side note, I forgot how much damage the 300 makes at close range.. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Finally saw my first deer since late October. A much smaller doe than I thought once ground checked so no pics. At least it will be tender and tasty. The 30/30 Frankengun with a 170 Core Lokt dropped her at 153 yards.

Last edited:

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Went after ducks morning and evening today. Saw a few but not as many as I expected, and the ones I did see weren’t interested in the decoys.

Someone was pounding them down around Ivanhoe this morning..

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I actually would love to see a shot from the guys hunting swamps down east. I'm super ignorant about this whole deer hunting thing. Show me what ya working with
The pocosin during bow season is the thickest, nastiest woods I’ve ever seen.. can’t see from waist down “if” you can get in it.

BUT I will admit on edge of our VA lease there is a laurel thicket that would rival the Pocosin. Thickest laurel I’ve ever seen

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Break out the 300 and the deer steps out at 48yds....go figure huh.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

4real!!!! Used my last Hornady IB 150gr... god I miss that round..

d044d4ac9cfc27a18dd1026fba069bb6.jpg

Silver dollar size entry, double fist exit through the ribs & shank of off side shoulder.. was gonna cook the heart- nope.. 2” chunk left..

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Wow what a hole!?! No joke tho that’s how it seems to work out when you bust out the big gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk