11/8

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
I stepped out and seen the partial eclipse about 4:30 while waiting on my coffee maker. Getting my gear ready now for another sit in the climber on the creek. I can tell I climbed with it yesterday, stiff and slow this morning

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
I’m about to make the 300 yard walk to the Oak Tree I’ll be in. Thinking today will either be on like gangbusters, or dead as a door nail with that full moon.

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
On my way to the stand this morning, I believe I heard my first Bobcat. Never seen one in the wild before, but it was half a scream noise that I’ve never heard before. We kept closing the distance on each other till I finally made it to the stand. I’m guessing the closest we got to each other was 150 yards. I recorded the sound, I’ll see if it recorded good enough to hear and post it back here to have one of y’all confirm. Cool Stuff

Mparker

Four Pointer
On my way to the stand this morning, I believe I heard my first Bobcat. Never seen one in the wild before, but it was half a scream noise that I’ve never heard before. We kept closing the distance on each other till I finally made it to the stand. I’m guessing the closest we got to each other was 150 yards. I recorded the sound, I’ll see if it recorded good enough to hear and post it back here to have one of y’all confirm. Cool Stuff
Last week i heard one for the first time. Being that it was pitch black outside it was terrifying, almost made me just go home lol.

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
So much for that, don’t have a clue how to take a video off my phone and put it here. I could send it to someone else and maybe they would know how to do it. Regardless, that was something I’ve never heard before.👍

dubbeltap69

Eight Pointer
Contributor
So much for that, don’t have a clue how to take a video off my phone and put it here. I could send it to someone else and maybe they would know how to do it. Regardless, that was something I’ve never heard before.👍
Upload to youtube and then post the link.

Bet that made for a few exciting minutes on your walk in!

Good luck everyone!

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
Upload to youtube and then post the link.

Bet that made for a few exciting minutes on your walk in!

Good luck everyone!
Your talking to an illiterate person for computers. This is about the extent of my computer skills. Had not heard it in awhile, and as I was typing this, it started up again. Moved away from me, down towards where I know the deer bed. I’d be glad to send it to someone’s phone that knows how to do that stuff though.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Moon was cool. That’s 2 days in row, as yesterday the moon was behind a low cloud bank but reflecting off higher wispy clouds. Almost looked like the northern lights.

But at least the breeze is cool this morn👍 My cams blew up last night, most activity in a week or so…

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
Years ago I heard two bobcats get in a fight about 40 yards from my stand.
They were in some thick stuff and I couldn't see them but that really had my heart thumping!!!

Mparker

Four Pointer
Small buck chased a doe by me at first light, nothing since then but this stands a good late morniny/midday spot so im gonna stay until atleast 11,maybe later.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Your talking to an illiterate person for computers. This is about the extent of my computer skills. Had not heard it in awhile, and as I was typing this, it started up again. Moved away from me, down towards where I know the deer bed. I’d be glad to send it to someone’s phone that knows how to do that stuff though.

Can you attach it as a file? I post photos as an attachment, not sure if you can attach videos.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Used to hear them as a kid. My brother next to me 7 years older told me that they would grab a child and run off with them.

Now imagine being 6 or 7 years old and having someone you trust tell you that crap.

They can sound like a child whining or crying.

Still gives me the chills.

dubbeltap69

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Used to hear them as a kid. My brother next to me 7 years older told me that they would grab a child and run off with them.

Now imagine being 6 or 7 years old and having someone you trust tell you that crap.

They can sound like a child whining or crying.

Still gives me the chills.
Sounds like something my older cousin would pull....

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Not saying it wasn’t, but most “bobcat” sounds turn out to be gray foxes. They’re extremely vocal, fairly common, and often scream or alarm at people walking through the woods, or at people in general. We had one spot we coon hunting that had one that would come scream and bark at us. Much more “child” or “woman” like than a bobcat. Bobcats usually sound like nothing at all, or like a cat, not really people like.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
A small spike just walked in front of me at about 5 yards. Spikes were only about 2” long. I have yet to see a doe on Jordan this year but I’ve seen a buck on all but one hunt so far.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Not saying it wasn’t, but most “bobcat” sounds turn out to be gray foxes. They’re extremely vocal, fairly common, and often scream or alarm at people walking through the woods, or at people in general. We had one spot we coon hunting that had one that would come scream and bark at us. Much more “child” or “woman” like than a bobcat. Bobcats usually sound like nothing at all, or like a cat, not really people like.
That was gonna be my question. Sure it wasn’t a fox? You nailed it with the woman/child assessment. First time I heard one and didn’t know what it was, I thought it was a distressed kid in the woods after sundown.