11/7 Live.

dubbeltap69

Eight Pointer
Contributor
If I have the day I had yesterday….. without the first gun miss I’ve ever had of course…. I had to come try. 4 bucks yesterday at less than 50 yards 3 shooters. 1 four pointer, 2 respectable deer, 1 GIANT. Here’s hoping.

You got this !

I'm up at a new spot today. Donkeys are waking up all over and saying good.morning.

Fingers crossed.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Back up in catawba. No deer in two sits has me hopeful theyll stroll through. Rare to sit here 3 sits and not have any deer action...

Edit: 3 point down! Today is a brow its down meat day!

Attachments

• 20211107_064713.jpg
    20211107_064713.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Packfan

Eight Pointer
10 does so far. Zero bucks. I usually don’t hunt fields in the mornings but, gotta be out by 7:45. The wind from yesterday is already picking back up this morning. This has started in the last 5 minutes.

NC Harley Rider

Four Pointer
Back up in catawba. No deer in two sits has me hopeful theyll stroll through. Rare to sit here 3 sits and not have any deer action...

Edit: 3 point down! Today is a brow its down meat day!
I hunt Catawba also, yesterday was weird, They walked at very last light yesterday. I shot a decent 6 point at 6:01 pm. Midday It was really windy they were spooky. The full moon (I think had them feeding heavy at night) I bow hunted last week and had deer each morn and eve.
Tonight will be better they are definitely following does, not pushing them yet but the big guys are scraping and staking out territories.
good luck!

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
@toby I think it’s complete bs… very happy to have Sunday hunting no doubt. I think it should be edited to no hunting within a certain distance of a place of worship… JMO honestly how many of us are hunting that close to churches…

Packfan

Eight Pointer
Little knothead just eased into the field upwind of a little spike. Spike flipped into full on chase mode until he got up got the knothead. Boy was he disappointed. I bet he walked away thinking “cross dresser”. 🤷‍♂️

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
This evening I saw a 4 pt and a cowhorn. I also saw the orphaned fawn. Beds the same place every day. Poor thing. 'Yotes probably gonna get it.

Packfan

Eight Pointer
Saw 20+ this evening. I took what should have been a gimme shot at 165 yards on a good buck. Deer hit the ground when I shot like they usually do. He apparently got back up and ran or hobbled off because when I was packing my things up because when I picked my head back up he was gone. We found brown hair and meat for about 10-15 yards headed towards a cutover but zero blood was found. Nothing after that. I didn't go more than about 50 -75 yards before we backed out. I’ll go back in the morning but the one tracker that I talked to said that he wasn’t dead. We shall see. @bowhuntingrook may have a different idea.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Saw 20+ this evening. I took what should have been a gimme shot at 165 yards on a good buck. Deer hit the ground when I shot like they usually do. He apparently got back up and ran or hobbled off because when I was packing my things up because when I picked my head back up he was gone. We found brown hair and meat for about 10-15 yards headed towards a cutover but zero blood was found. Nothing after that. I didn't go more than about 50 -75 yards before we backed out. I’ll go back in the morning but the one tracker that I talked to said that he wasn’t dead. We shall see. @bowhuntingrook may have a different idea.
If it gets artery under the spine you'll find it, if it damaged spinal cord permanently you'll also find it dragging itself, otherwise it just shocked spinal cord temporarily and is already back on all fours running around. Dog can't help unfortunately.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
It’s been my experience that once they get back up, they’re gone. The meat you found was backstrap, and there ain’t nothing fatal about that🤷‍♂️

dubbeltap69

Eight Pointer
Contributor
That's been my experience as well. My Dad lost one that way also. But I still agree with you looking tomorrow.

Good luck!

It’s been my experience that once they get back up, they’re gone. The meat you found was backstrap, and there ain’t nothing fatal about that🤷‍♂️

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
3 of 4 if us saw deer and no shots just lucky deer and unlucky for us 2 turned into laurel at the perfect time for no shot. Other wind changed deer took off dern wind was constant and changed seemingly every 10 min up near parkway not mention blew bout 25mph for hour above 2500ft

dubbeltap69

Eight Pointer
Contributor
As tough as the wind was on hunting down here, I'm sure it was even tougher up there.
3 of 4 if us saw deer and no shots just lucky deer and unlucky for us 2 turned into laurel at the perfect time for no shot. Other wind changed deer took off dern wind was constant and changed seemingly every 10 min up near parkway not mention blew bout 25mph for hour above 2500ft