11/6 Live

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
If I kill a bull and cow next week, I’m only gonna try to kill one deer for the year.

if I don’t kill an elk, woe be unto the deer of WNC when I get back.
That bobcat is still on my mind…I’d like to possibly get after him when deer and bear ends

np307

Ten Pointer
Found what I was looking for. 4 scrapes within 100 yards. Fresh poop. Good wind. Little over 2 hours to go, just gotta hope one comes through.
Not a thing. First sit in a while that I havent even seen a squirrel. That wind was cutting sharp, thought it was going to lay down with about an hour left but it never did. That was a good spot though, I'll try to get back to it soon.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was bowhunting yesterday.....but, I heard ZERO shots, from daylight to 10:00 AM. When I got home, I called a buddy to make sure it was the ML opener. REALLY weird, for my neck of the woods.

I did see 7 does and 2 small bucks. From everything I saw, I still think we're a week away (from peak).

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Dang that’s a pretty good looking cat!
I normally predator hunt them in February. They respond mostly to rabbit and mouse squeaks, however, the biggest problem is Coyotus Interruptus.

That one I shot after watching it stalk fawns in cut corn.

I'm the fawn killer, so I didn't want the competition.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I normally predator hunt them in February. They respond mostly to rabbit and mouse squeaks, however, the biggest problem is Coyotus Interruptus.

That one I shot after watching it stalk fawns in cut corn.

I'm the fawn killer, so I didn't want the competition.
Makes sense to me buddy. I’ve got decent cat sign around the house. I’ve got distress calls too. Maybe I need to give it a go when deer and bear ends

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Makes sense to me buddy. I’ve got decent cat sign around the house. I’ve got distress calls too. Maybe I need to give it a go when deer and bear ends
I have had limited success calling them in close, but I have called them in. They are just more skittish then dogs. I'm getting better with the vocal decoy and remote.

Late season works best I feel, because they are cold and hungry, so more likely to take the bait.

Two years ago I had one walk within a couple yards of me while I was crossbow hunting from the ground.

Sadly, it was before kitty season. Otherwise I'd a kabob'd it.

slugoo

Eight Pointer
My mentor shot a small 7 point with a split brow tine and sticker. I got to gut and skin my first deer which was nice. Oh and drag one too. That part made me doubt my ability to drag one out by myself if I got one alone.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My mentor shot a small 7 point with a split brow tine and sticker. I got to gut and skin my first deer which was nice. Oh and drag one too. That part made me doubt my ability to drag one out by myself if I got one alone.
Don’t waste time doubting yourself. You CAN do it. Might take you a little while, but you CAN do it.

slugoo

Eight Pointer
Don’t waste time doubting yourself. You CAN do it. Might take you a little while, but you CAN do it.
Oh I'm sure I CAN do it, just it'll be a good two, three hours or more. I think I'm going to buy a good sled now too because dragging just destroyed the hide and the sled will make it easier.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Oh I'm sure I CAN do it, just it'll be a good two, three hours or more. I think I'm going to buy a good sled now too because dragging just destroyed the hide and the sled will make it easier.
A sled, a backpack and a good knife, even a travois, all can make getting one out of the woods easier.