11/4

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
Had two deer already under the pin oak working the scrape. One was the small 8 that I’ve been seeing, couldn’t tell what the other is because of the fog, I’m assuming a doe.

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
Had my shooter target buck at 40 yards, came in following a doe. She walked on off and then I saw him following her. I tried stopping him 4 times and he just kept walking. I diddnt want to make him up so I watched him walk off.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Long walk in. Actually smelled one on the walk Heard some walk away as I came by
Hunting first time this year a remote beautiful setup in a young beech tree with all kinds of low branches to camouflage me. Biggest rut deer I saw last year was chasing one morning while I was scouting for sign.
But there was no camo for the one that came in to my south lower elevation where they shouldn’t come from. It blew its guts out 😄That’s the only action from the sit.
Staying till the wind decides it’s intent
Seems like there is always a flurry of activity as they choose their bedding based on the wind.
Good luck to you all.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
I’m on the board 😁
wheres-the-beef-6342597.png

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Taking a quick break before I start skinning. No yotes to start my muzzleloader barking this year but I did decide on this 8 at 121 yards. Between the fog and smoke slowly clearing I saw that I knocked him down because he was trying to stand up. A cedar obscured my view of where he went. Found him just a short 25 feet in the trees.

G3’s are at least 9”
FAC7ADE8-EE8E-45AC-BFF1-5FC98BA6DF2B.jpeg

Going Coastal

Eight Pointer
Taking a quick break before I start skinning. No yotes to start my muzzleloader barking this year but I did decide on this 8 at 121 yards. Between the fog and smoke slowly clearing I saw that I knocked him down because he was trying to stand up. A cedar obscured my view of where he went. Found him just a short 25 feet in the trees.

G3’s are at least 9”
View attachment 103135
Nice! Congratulations.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns

G3’s are at least 9”
View attachment 103135
Awesome, man ! Congrats !

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats BWFarms, nice 8 pointer.

I ended my morning hunt a little early (10:00) had to do some patch work on Papaws roof, but I seen a half dozen or so deer this morning.

Hunting a new spot this afternoon, was saving it for when my daughter comes home from college for Thanksgiving, but her doctor said she shouldn’t climb any ladders after her knee surgery, so no need in saving it for Thanksgiving.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Settled in around 330 this evening & had a lil spike walk by at 515.. looks like this part of Lee hasn’t warmed up yet, several scrapes still dormant..

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer

G3’s are at least 9”
View attachment 103135
That deers neck was starting to get thick he's been busy

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I was chatting with an old classmate I would let hunt when home on leave from the Army. Shared pics from today. I went back through some of the messages and found a strikingly close picture to the buck I shot earlier today.

Last year this 8 with small brows would show up pretty regularly. Was about 12-13 inches wide.

DFD5C15B-F97A-46AB-A396-0E3BEC6516CC.jpeg

Short throat patch and black ear tips with a near identical antler presentation. I believe it could be the same buck.