11/25- Thanksgiving LIVE

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Setup on our farm in WV. The neighbor who leases our place to run his horses said he’s seen some nice bucks in the last couple weeks, let’s hope one shows today.

I always forget how unpredictable the wind is in these hills. Might have to be quick on the trigger if one comes in. Good luck to everyone else out today, and happy Thanksgiving.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
I was running late this morning, so I had to go to a different spot than I planned. Not a big fan of hunting fields, but maybe I'll get lucky and see a good one.

Hopeful_Hunter

Four Pointer
Saw a bunch yesterday evening gleaning a harvested bean field. Wind shift caused change of plans this am. Woods are active this am. Looking for meat today!

Happy Thanksgiving all

Sp8

Ten Pointer
First hunt alone for me this year. Wife’s sister and her family are staying with us so all the kids stayed home. Saw 4 does and fox at our pond walking out. Nothing while on stand. Good luck to everyone. Happy Thanksgiving

jboi72

Eight Pointer
On the Randolph alamance line again, was taking a snooze earlier bout 30 min before daylight was woke by a blast close by lol that moon light was bright. Nothing for us so far.

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
Made the short walk to the blind behind the house this morning. A doe and 2 dinky bucks have showed so far. Haven’t had a good one on camera in a month but I came all the way out here anyway……lol It’s November, and this is a great place to count my blessings. Happy Thanksgiving!

Sp8

Ten Pointer
3 does came by too thick for a shot then turned went back the way they came and a larger darker deer was following them. Couldn’t really tell much.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I got up @ 4, had my stuff out, had a place in mind to go.

Got back in bed. Hanging with my girls this morning since mama’s off work and grinding elk meat in a little bit.

I really want to go hunt but this elk meat is priority #1
Good luck to all out there this morning.

I thing me and Lowg08 are gonna hunt tomorrow.

Idk where I’m going Saturday but the does better watch out.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Good luck to you guys. First thanksgiving in years I haven’t hunted but I’m charing a ham on the grill and won’t have time.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I got up @ 4, had my stuff out, had a place in mind to go.

Got back in bed. Hanging with my girls this morning since mama’s off work and grinding elk meat in a little bit.

I really want to go hunt but this elk meat is priority #1
Grinding elk meet with the family sounds like a pretty good way to count your blessings!

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Bout got run over between the truck and the stand, and I parked basically at the stand lol. Halfway up the ladder the chase broke out across the field at Mach Jesus…been a parade of lil fellers since with their tongues hanging out since then.

Last edited:

smilliganqb

Eight Pointer
Nothing but a fox running by me so far in Union, got about an hr left to sit before heading home for Thanksgiving festivities.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Grinding elk meet with the family sounds like a pretty good way to count your blessings!
Definitely thankful for all we’ve been blessed with. Glad I get to see my extended family this evening.

First full family dinner in two years between travel, Covid, and babies.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Bad chest cold kicking my butt. Was up at 4 and spent a couple hours hacking up a lung and trying to hydrate. Bout got aggravated from “running behind” but decided to let it go and ease my way up the mountain. Up a tree enjoying some fresh air overlooking a bunch of old logging roads/game trails. Looks to be the same set of big tracks I been seeing up here for the past month. I’ll either see some deer or scare em off with this cough. Just glad to be in the woods it’s been a long 2 weeks

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Just had a doe act real flighty coming around the holler above the house. The 308 is sitting here ready to go if that big 6/7 comes by after her.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Just had 5 does walk in. Wish I would have brought the pistol Bc one would have been a chip shot. With that many does a bucks gotta be around some where.