11/24 - Anyone still bowhunting?

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Not hunting today but the wind is pretty stiff here - I think its supposed to lay down some as the day goes by

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
First year in a long time I’m out scouting game land to shoot a doe or buck with the BB.223 gun!
f6581ed7ba5dc08d2f4a53b177b7fab3.jpg

00c34f3eace9c12ac026ebb2bd8e0454.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
I had 2 does making their way in. Likely the 2 I stalked up on getting in so they were taking their time. Debating on taking one until some youngin’ looking for love ran them off.

pdub

Twelve Pointer
Yes. I bow hunt season round. Even though I am not always successful, I love the challenge of trying to "outwit" a deer and get close enough for a shot. I have not had much of an opportunity since the time has changed but I hope to over Thanksgiving break.

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
yep, put the bow down to take the boy out with a rifle and gonna get back at it here over the thanksgiving break. Great season so far, even though I havent killed anything with the bow yet.....odd but feels that way.

Rexm0311

Spike
I nearly exclusively bow hunt. Haven't killed a deer with a rifle in 7 years. Haven't even brought the rifle out in 3 years

Dhumpy

Four Pointer
Missed a doe yesterday afternoon, those pesky little twigs you don’t see will get you every time. Found the arrow about 10 ft from where she was standing. It wasn’t even close enough to scare her good :ROFLMAO:

DarrinG

Six Pointer
Late archery buck-only season is in for us in the western deer zone. Hoping to be up in a tree close to some bedding tomorrow on public land. Anyone else hunting the late bow season?

Bud B.

Eight Pointer
Deer season is bow season for me. In a tree right now. Listening to a gobbler at the moment.IMG_20191228_090549460.jpg