11-23 Live

Wncbowhunter

Ten Pointer
Up in Mitchell. In a stand I have never hunted of a morning. Really good in afternoon so we shall see. Spooked 1 walking in.

Good luck to all on this beautiful morning

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Up a tree in Chatham County. I’m hunting a new spot in a new location on Jordan. We scouted it on Sunday. My buddy saw 2 bucks and 2 does on Monday. I’m hunting with him and he likes to get in the woods early. First time in a long while I’m settled in a tree before LST.

Since he marked the spot, I knew I had to find another tree. We don’t agree on trees to climb. I had to stumble around in the dark to find one. I found a nice pine to climb. I wasn’t sure I would have a good view when the sun came up. I ended up with a great view. I can see the creek bottom and the edge of the cutover on the other side.

I’m wearing my Realtree camo pants for the first time in 2 years so I’m not feeling too confident about this hunt.

When I got to the top of my climb, I saw the safety latch on the pin for my cable got dislodged again. Scared the heck out of me since this is how the cable became disconnected earlier this season. Fortunately the pin was still engaged and I was able to lean down to fix it.

DeerManager

Eight Pointer
Up a tree in Chatham County. I’m hunting a new spot in a new location on Jordan. We scouted it on Sunday. My buddy saw 2 bucks and 2 does on Monday. I’m hunting with him and he likes to get in the woods early. First time in a long while I’m settled in a tree before LST.

Since he marked the spot, I knew I had to find another tree. We don’t agree on trees to climb. I had to stumble around in the dark to find one. I found a nice pine to climb. I wasn’t sure I would have a good view when the sun came up. I ended up with a great view. I can see the creek bottom and the edge of the cutover on the other side.

I’m wearing my Realtree camo pants for the first time in 2 years so I’m not feeling too confident about this hunt.

When I got to the top of my climb, I saw the safety latch on the pin for my cable got dislodged again. Scared the heck out of me since this is how the cable became disconnected earlier this season. Fortunately the pin was still engaged and I was able to lean down to fix it.
Sounds like a start to something magical. There is almost always a good ending to a beginning of a hunt like you just shared. Good luck.

Mparker

Four Pointer
Buck fever got the best of me for the first time in years… Had one of my biggest bucks ever 200 yards out with a doe, which is in range for me normally, but i just couldnt get steady and didnt take a shot. With the amount i was shaking i feel like it was about a 50/50 shot and i didnt feel comfortable with that. Atleast i get to keep my last buck tag and maybe i can get one even bigger than him.