11/22 live.

Mparker

Four Pointer
Saw no deer but it was an eventful nature watch. The creek I was sitting over is probably only 4 yards wide but there were wood ducks piling in there all morning, I’ve never gotten into duck hunting but it was entertaining to watch them anyways. I heard turkeys tree calling and flying down but never saw them. Hope they stick around until april.

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
All the beans have been cut and most vegetation frozen now the deer are staying spread out in the hardwoods making it hard for me to get in and out of my prime spots without blowing the place up. It's time to start the corn campaign and hunt the easy way a while

Mparker

Four Pointer
All the beans have been cut and most vegetation frozen now the deer are staying spread out in the hardwoods making it hard for me to get in and out of my prime spots without blowing the place up. It's time to start the corn campaign and hunt the easy way a while
If the land youre on still has some, hunt over acorns. I have the opposite problem as you, for whatever reason the farmers still havent cut the corn fields and the deer stay in them and dont go into the woods, if i try hunting over the standing corn I cant see most deer that come out there and the ones I do see its just a glimpse and theyre gone.

JMbowhunter

Six Pointer
At work, got all my stuff to hit stand on way home. If I get our of here in time to get at least one hour of legal light in stand im stopping there.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Up a tree in Chatham County. I’m hunting a new spot on Jordan. I’m not feeling too positive because I made a bunch of noise looking for the right tree. My friend marked the tree for me. I forgot he likes bigger trees than me. My stand didn’t fit well so I had to move 20 yards away from the point to get a smaller diameter tree.

My wife got the release from the doctor to return to work. She had knee replacement 2 weeks ago. She’ll go back next Monday. That frees up more time to hunt.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Yes sir. Except it’s a mini Mauser. Short, light, open sighted carbine. Same basic concept. Never get chances at a deer if I carry it. I think it’s reputation precedes it and they just stay bedded.

I killed a bunch of deer with that same model rifle using Wolf 154gr SP ammo. I never had to track them very far and most piled up within sight. I used a small 4x Burris Mini and a small 2-7 Nikon on mine for sighting. You might be surprised at how accurate those little carbines can be with a scope and ammo it likes.

<>< Fish

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Nada for me. Not even a squirrel.
Gotta go work for a little bit then gonna sit above the house tonight to see if one of the bigger bucks will slip up. No deer on cam since Friday at the scrape.
Going somewhere else tomorrow.

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
If the land youre on still has some, hunt over acorns. I have the opposite problem as you, for whatever reason the farmers still havent cut the corn fields and the deer stay in them and dont go into the woods, if i try hunting over the standing corn I cant see most deer that come out there and the ones I do see its just a glimpse and theyre gone.
That's part of my problem is I'm hunting a mature white oak ridge that has the deer scattered and feeding as I go in and out. Deer are there before daylight and move in around me at sunset so I need to concentrate the bulk of deer movement into one location so I'm not bumping them out everyday

dubbeltap69

Eight Pointer
Contributor
I killed a bunch of deer with that same model rifle using Wolf 154gr SP ammo. I never had to track them very far and most piled up within sight. I used a small 4x Burris Mini and a small 2-7 Nikon on mine for sighting. You might be surprised at how accurate those little carbines can be with a scope and ammo it likes.

<>< Fish
I've got a bunch of that 154gr SP for my AR variant. Always been afraid it wouldnt perform well. Glad it worked for you. Maybe I'll give it a go.