11/12 live

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Well I’m here. Just got settled in, late. Hey, it worked last time…

crappy start. Loaded my rifle at home since I was behind in case I saw something right away. Didn’t put a primer in of course. But when I seated the bullet my rod didn’t seem to go as far. Maybe I was mistaken because it was so close to what I remembered (or thought I did). Changed jags this year so my witness mark is off. And I had one more empty powder vial than I thought. Anyway, couldn’t chance it… its got a third pillar and is bedded for a reason. Pulled the plug; I would’ve been fine. I was wrong. But I still have my hands, no harm no foul. Plug back in and torque one screw. But I then knocked it over hard. Glad I have the utmost faith in this setup or surely I would have knocked it off. Anyway, here I am. Ready to see nothing!

Crestliner

Six Pointer
November 12 and I'm hunting in short sleeves, crazy NC weather, at least it looks better the rest of the week.

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Right! I’m still in a light coat for all the water and to keep me toasty in a decent breeze, but still. I’d much rather this morning have been about 30 degrees where I am.

Thutty-thutty

Eight Pointer
In the blind Ashe Co. Just had young 7pt hang out for 30 minutes. Already heard 4-5 shots in distance. Good luck everyone

Attachments

• 531B4FC9-7F53-4820-B86C-23825D10FBC4.jpeg
    531B4FC9-7F53-4820-B86C-23825D10FBC4.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 19

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Day 2 of my permit hunt. Had two big does sneak in behind me about 20 minutes ago. Can’t hear much with the water falling off the leaves. Had a turkey in the tree next to me fly down at first light. Good thing I was in a saddle or I would have been testing my safety harness as it woke me up better then coffee. Good luck all

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Up a tree in Chatham County. I’m in the same stand as yesterday. I saw nothing yesterday. Today is different. I had a doe come in to my left. While watching her, 2 more does move in along the bottom in front of me. I’m watching for a trailing buck They look nervous and take off.

A few minutes later 2 more does come in to my left. They are looking back and then run off. A minute later a 4 point comes walking in. I missed. I guess I should be toting firewood.

Last edited:

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Day 2 of my permit hunt. Had two big does sneak in behind me about 20 minutes ago. Can’t hear much with the water falling off the leaves. Had a turkey in the tree next to me fly down at first light. Good thing I was in a saddle or I would have been testing my safety harness as it woke me up better then coffee. Good luck all
Which permit you ok if you don't mind telling.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Great hunt this morning. 2 good bucks came in early. One really good 3.5 year old. Tempting, but I chose to save him for the boys. He’s not the 4.5 year old that was in here 2 days ago. I just hope the pressure doesn’t mess them up before they get a crack at him.

1DA37BDA-D06E-43B4-8197-7F6C87529957.jpeg

Warm, but another pretty morning. 2 does in the lane with the sunlight shining through a slight fog.

D5B3B0E3-1EC1-48CF-AD8C-66A5E3F05566.jpeg

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If a tree falls in the woods and you are there, does it make a sound? Yes it does. That was weird.
Happened to me one time while turkey hunting. Had a turkey come in hot to about 100 yards, stop coming in and start working a circle around me. Was at it for about 30 min trying to get him to come in, he was constantly gobbling. It was going well until a random tree decided to fall and make a loud thump. Scared the crap out of me and the turkey. Dang thing was in the next county less than 5 seconds later.

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Peak ladybug rut here in Granville. Box blind in a t-shirt currently.

Attachments

• PXL_20211112_204818628.jpg
    PXL_20211112_204818628.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 11

jboi72

Eight Pointer
First hunt of the year in Chatham for me, it's hot in this box.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1504805596.jpg
    Snapchat-1504805596.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 20