10mm suppressed?

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
You trying to run it subsonic? I have a 10mm 1911 but I am running it as hot as possible but no threaded barrel. Just thinking about subsonic I'd probably try something like a 220 hard cast lead with trail boss maybe. No clue on load data just thinking out loud.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
You trying to run it subsonic? I have a 10mm 1911 but I am running it as hot as possible but no threaded barrel. Just thinking about subsonic I'd probably try something like a 220 hard cast lead with trail boss maybe. No clue on load data just thinking out loud.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

How fast are you getting them?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Yes.
Looking at subsonic. Thinking about lead 180 to 200 grn.
Why I don't know. I have several other 10mm just not treaded. Can't find barrels and ran up on a gun I like with threaded barrel.
Just cool to have the options of light pea shooter or super hot load. Maybe even hunt with it.
Have 9mm, 45, 22, and others for shooting with suppressor but no 10mm or 357.
Just something different.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
All that aside I really wanted another XDM but in 45!
Just not any out there. But I did find one in 10mm.

Glocks are all around but not with threaded barrels. Barrels alone are 200 to 300 or more. Add to that sights are 100 to 150 or more.
Hard to justify that on top of a gun price and not just look for a gun with a factory threaded package.

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
Loved my big 10s(sadly lost them all in that boating accidentšŸ˜‰) but they are Made to drive that .40 slug as fast as a pistol can Otherwise any old 40s&we will do.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Could not find a barrel for my Glock or 1911 threaded so I ended up with a hitchhiker today.
Found a XDM-10 and plan to use it for the new can that just got out of jail.

Also lucked into some 10mm XTP to use for carry. Who knows may try to hunt with it some. Found some lead target loads I did years back, may even be subs. Allso a 50 cal can full of 10mm. Forgot i had several boxes of black talon! 20210128_161321.jpgWho knows with the longer barrel. Hope it shoots. Can't wait for dry weather so I can get back to shooting and do some fishing.

chrome'd.45

Button Buck
Anyone have a recommended powder for 10mm loads? I have been using clean shot in several calibers 9/45 but was curious what other people are using?