10-7-19

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Getting ready to roll down the highway. Next 3 days I will be in the swamps on Roanoke. Should get in a tree by 1400-1500 this afternoon. First slickhead that shows up dies. After that gonna try for one of them big ole swamp bucks.

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I have access to Wake Gamelands and Chatham private land. Five miles apart but two different seasons. I put the ML in the truck ready to walk that half mile into GL but decided to take the crossbow as well. Well I was late getting started and the winds were wrong for my gamelands spot. So I climbed up my ladder in Chatham. I had barely gotten seated, didn’t even have a bolt in the bow yet, when I heard three right under me. I mean, at the ladder, nose to the ground right where I had just been. They didn’t react at all. Still too dark to shoot anyway. They played around under me then finally moved on. Nothing seen since. Good luck in the swamps.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Good luck guys, Heading out for a few days at OBX for our anniversary.. I’ll be back in time for Rifle opener, feel like Public has been kicking my butt..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
I saw every type of animal except a deer! Ducks, doves, a fox, squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, a hawk, an owl, 3 black snakes and a beaver. Entertaining evening. Be back at it in the AM.

On a side note, I used my climbing stand today. My saddle has ruined me. I'm not sure I will ever use a climber again after today.

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I saw every type of animal except a deer! Ducks, doves, a fox, squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, a hawk, an owl, 3 black snakes and a beaver. Entertaining evening. Be back at it in the AM.

On a side note, I used my climbing stand today. My saddle has ruined me. I'm not sure I will ever use a climber again after today.
What kind of saddle are you using? And are you using a platform? I’m looking to make the switch from my lightweight hang on (ditched the climber two seasons ago and can climb so many more trees). But I plan to buy a saddle after the season and practice during the off-season.
Thanks