10-5

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Sitting where I saw seven different bucks yesterday morning. Oak finger jutting into cutover.
No horns this am yet. Four dees
Yesterday didn’t see anything till 8:30 Hoping for a little taste of yesterday’s sit

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My first sit of the year on this property. The 5 acres where I grew up. Its vacant now and lots of doe on camera during daylight. A couple decent bucks at night. Fingers crossed for a daylight encounter.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Been in the stand since about 4 on some public land close to the house. Feeling good, wind direction is almost perfect, and I’m overlooking multiple trails and scrapes.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Had a "work" fishing trip floating the Watauga this morning. Got back at 3 and meet a guy from work on some gamelands. Not high hopes we slid in and setup on fresh sign and a big trail.

As I'm typing this a guy come down the trail without any Orange on and walked right by us. We ain't high my buddy handed me the stands up and we are on a step hill side he was eye level with us

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Well that was interesting, I got busted. Old momma doe blew at me about 8 times. No white flags, 10 of them walked off, but 4 down the hill by the feeder stayed. I thought it was clear when I climbed down and got blown at again from the woods. Gonna let that spot marinate till gun season.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
My set up was productive
But decisions made when putting up the stand cost a shot opportunity
The stand was set to provide forward shots with heavy background cover
You could slide a gun around for a behind shot but not enough clearance for a xbow.
So naturally 😊 that was where a camered nine appeared. His buddy wasn’t bad either.
Survived them crossing my entrance path without them going nuts so maybe I see them again.
The last two days have been great for seeing bucks but not many does at all. When they decide to get serious about love I may be hunting ghosts. 🤷🏻‍♂️