10/29 live

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
First sit of the year for me, a bit on the warm size. I’m off next Thursday thru Tuesday, and that doesn’t look much better as far as weather goes.

np307

Ten Pointer
Little warmer than I was looking for too but I'm always happy to put down the bow and have a gun in my hand for the first time of the year.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Was going to sit near one of my stands in the pines on the edge of a hardwood draw. Haven't been there at all this year, so I figured that would be a good opportunity to check it out.

Apparently, the deer trails I normally took changed and I found myself going by a humpback tree stump that is a navigational aid when I walk the property perimeter. I'm about 50 yards off course.

So I'm just gonna sit here.

It's a nice backrest for.the stool, anyway....

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I don’t remember it being so rocky walking in. Surprised I managed without sprained ankles the number of acorns I stepped on. Louder than leaves.

Expectations are low, things haven’t fired up yet. Otherwise perfect conditions.

np307

Ten Pointer
Always drop pins. Always. I'm set up but good chance I'll have to move once it gets light. Good luck everyone.

Rock_61

Four Pointer
Light rain in Lee this mng making me glad that I put a rough over my stand this year. Good Luck everyone!!

DeerManager

Eight Pointer
Still trying to sling an arrow. However, it is hard to sling one from the truck, which is where I been for sometime now waiting for the rain to stop. About talked myself out of going this morning.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I don’t remember it being so rocky walking in. Surprised I managed without sprained ankles the number of acorns I stepped on. Louder than leaves.

Expectations are low, things haven’t fired up yet. Otherwise perfect conditions.
Blaine, am I remembering correctly that at one point you’d decided not to deer hunt anymore? Maybe I’m thinking of someone else? Regardless, I was stoked to see ya posting in the live thread . Good luck!

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Blaine, am I remembering correctly that at one point you’d decided not to deer hunt anymore? Maybe I’m thinking of someone else? Regardless, I was stoked to see ya posting in the live thread . Good luck!

Maybe to the effect of Jan 2nd. Otherwise I have off handedly said if it was between deer or pheasant and I could only hunt one, it would be pheasant.

np307

Ten Pointer
This is the first time I can remember being in the woods on muzzleloader opener and not hearing a shot anywhere for over 20 minutes. Kinda eerie.

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
First hunt of the year for me. Hunting the only place I have to hunt now, which is Guilford County. Got in a half hour before LSL with nothing moving yet. I do have off Thursday through Tuesday of next week, but the weather doesn’t look that good for then either.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Light mist in pittsboro. Never seen a deer on the 30 miles drive this morning. Not heard a shot either. We lost half out reloads so hopefully we don't see to many. Lol

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Up a tree in Chatham County. A deer crossed the road in front of me as I was parking. I probably won’t see that one again. I almost stayed in bed due to the misting this morning. I’ll need to stay aware since I’ll never hear one in the wet leaves. Probably one passing by as I write this post.

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
Wind is a little finicky, started as a NNE and now it’s changed to a West. Both of those are tolerable for this stand. No deer seen yet, but did have a squirrel within arms reach.

Attachments

• 36CC986C-7B3B-474D-91FB-97165DA3781B.jpeg
    36CC986C-7B3B-474D-91FB-97165DA3781B.jpeg
    303.9 KB · Views: 21