10/25

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Well, tell us the story when you get a chance. Maybe you're dragging a monster !
Hope you had good luck. I was working.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Nope, had a guy walk his dog through at 7 A.M. and a fox just before light. My Neighbor just stopped me walking out. He was on the other edge of the Estates by the gorge. Had the big 10 come by but no shot. Then he came back by, a little after the guy walked by me..... he missed at 35 yards and the buck stuck around until “A stinking fox spooked him”. He’s a good guy and disappointed he didn’t get him. Not disappointed he got pushed back down when he was walking to me. It happens, especially near neighborhoods and dragging a big 10 would have ruined my peaceful morning. I’ll keep telling myself that until I believe it.....

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Conference call at 1:30 since I’m “working” then I’ll be back in the tree. No wind and it’s cold. With compressed schedule this year I’ll take whatever’s legal though. So “3 Up on one side”. Some Counties are “4 Up” but not here. I may have pockets of time but work is a huge unknown and major projects starting next week across the country. Planning for the worst, hoping for the best. If I tag out I’ll get the little guy working on what seems like a score of squirrels around my stand.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Back in at 3:30, a bit breezy which wasn’t predicted, not terrible though and may have found a way to leverage it to my advantage