10/25 Kerr

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
friend gave a call to fish Kerr FRi. morning, out of Ivy Hill about 7 ;15 am , so may have missed dawn topwater bite action.
Water a couple foot low.
Picked up a couple nice LM (greenies) while trolling umbrella rigs for striper but
no stripes, switched out to jigs and paddle tails and stick baits, no stripers. Caught some threadfin to live bait for what ever and got one 4# channel cat. I was throwing rattle traps mostly when I had a chance at top water boils or into bait balls, but only a 3# greenie all day casting.
nice day to be out , a long day without a striper.

Last edited:

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
after spending most of November in sunny warm San Diego, California , been wearing some layers of clothes and rain gear at times here but been putting some stripers in the boat, and better yet some legal size in the box. all caught trolling...

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
after spending most of November in sunny warm San Diego, California , been wearing some layers of clothes and rain gear at times here but been putting some stripers in the boat, and better yet some legal size in the box. all caught trolling...
Thanks for the report. Are you still trolling the umbrella rigs? I have never fished there for stripers, but would like to try if I knew what I was doing. Have every kind of tackle in the world, just not sure what to do in Kerr.

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
yes, some on umbrella rigs and some with bucktails, one on a stickbait.
bait balls on the graph helps
troll some between 15' to 25' , 2-3 mph

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
We used to fish heavy in december on buggs for stripers.
Jigging spoons, live bait and best of all surface schooling.
Cool thing was the size. It would have been a slaughter if we had had today's electronics.
Someone smarter than me will have to explain why their size is so down over the years?

bowtoot

Ten Pointer
Contributor
My friend has been killing them lately with a technique called dead sticking. You use a trolling motor to sneak into areas where the birds are diving and hang the baits over, while beating the bottom of the boat loudly,( think like a kick drum). They boated 96 Sunday.

Last edited: