10/24

NCbowhunter11b

Six Pointer
Pretty sour taste in my mouth at the moment. I slipped in on an oak flat without busting anything out. Waited for about 10 minutes after first light before hitting my grunt tube. I let out 2 soft grunts and sat waiting with the bow. Not a minute later I catch movement slipping out of the thicket above me. It’s a nice 8 with a drop tine that I’ve been getting pictures of for the last 2 weeks. I get drawn back and he comes into 12 yards behind a few small cedars. In my mind at the moment, I felt I could thread the needle. I did not. Hit a small limb and it deflected low on a 12 yard chip shot. It’s not the first good buck I’ve missed, and I’m sure it won’t be the last, but man does it sting. Bright side- it was a clean miss. I’d take a miss any day over putting a bad shot on one that may never be found. Good luck this morning to all!

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Pretty sour taste in my mouth at the moment. I slipped in on an oak flat without busting anything out. Waited for about 10 minutes after first light before hitting my grunt tube. I let out 2 soft grunts and sat waiting with the bow. Not a minute later I catch movement slipping out of the thicket above me. It’s a nice 8 with a drop tine that I’ve been getting pictures of for the last 2 weeks. I get drawn back and he comes into 12 yards behind a few small cedars. In my mind at the moment, I felt I could thread the needle. I did not. Hit a small limb and it deflected low on a 12 yard chip shot. It’s not the first good buck I’ve missed, and I’m sure it won’t be the last, but man does it sting. Bright side- it was a clean miss. I’d take a miss any day over putting a bad shot on one that may never be found. Good luck this morning to all!

Man, that's a tough pill to swallow. I hope you bag him. I'm looking forward to the pics of him !
Good luck !

77f150 beast

Eight Pointer
Agree 100% sucks to miss em but it sucks worse to injure them to never be found or seen again!

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns

Man that hurts.....hopefully you get another chance.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Saw a very nice buck in a field around 840 this morning, just walking around without a care in the world. Hope a road hunter didnt see him because he would have been a chip shot

.35Rem

Eight Pointer
First time in a stand a departing hunt club member gave me. .35 Rem at about 60 yds. He ran 30 yds. 4 pts and 100 lbs dressed. Back strap steaks were delicious.

Attachments

• 49B72356-51A5-4B44-A6AC-6600CF5ABDF0.jpeg
    49B72356-51A5-4B44-A6AC-6600CF5ABDF0.jpeg
    335.1 KB · Views: 13

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Dead calm tonight. Not even a squirrel turning a leaf. What a beautiful evening to end my weekend on. I dread going back to work and dealing with all the things I forgot about at 5:31 Friday evening, but I’ll be looking forward to next Friday at 5:31!

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Those ballistic tips are no joke. Internal damage is unreal. The only thing I’ve noticed is that if you hit a twig or anything prior to impact they explode. I prefer the Corelocks for price and they stay together better. Long range shots I’d rather have the ballistic tips, which was what i used in Wyoming. However, my shot was only 40 yards lol