10/24

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Day #4 on Ohio public land. Last evening sit for me. Going to hunt tomorrow morning til noon, then Im on the road back to NC.
Since Monday a.m., Ive had 13 different does at point-death range and Ive seen not 1" of antler. Havent even seen a buck driving back and forth in the dark to camp.
Largest mast crop that Ive ever seen. Ive seen at least 30 Booner skwirls. Still optimistic and still hunting hard til the clock tolls tomorrow.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Day #4 on Ohio public land. Last evening sit for me. Going to hunt tomorrow morning til noon, then Im on the road back to NC.
Since Monday a.m., Ive had 13 different does at point-death range and Ive seen not 1" of antler. Havent even seen a buck driving back and forth in the dark to camp.
Largest mast crop that Ive ever seen. Ive seen at least 30 Booner skwirls. Still optimistic and still hunting hard til the clock tolls tomorrow.
Them last minute bucks are best anyway

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
2 gobblers
2 does
Hunted a different spot this morning...no dice.
Got my tail whipped. Headed home and drowning my sorrows in chinese buffet in Princeton, WVa ???
That sucks woulda been nice if them longbeards woulda came closer at least. Timing just off this year

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
2 gobblers
2 does
Got my tail whipped. Headed home and drowning my sorrows in chinese buffet in Princeton, WVa ???
alright- Time for the best saying I never heard until recently:
"A predator never lets failure deter them."
Throw this back on me when i start whining in the spring. :)

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
2 gobblers
2 does
Got my tail whipped. Headed home and drowning my sorrows in chinese buffet in Princeton, WVa [emoji17][emoji17][emoji17]

The Chinese might be worse than the deer hunting. There’s a good steak house there if you’re talking about right on the Virginia line. I forget the name, but it’s a chain.

Do i remember reading you were hunting somewhere around Athens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
alright- Time for the best saying I never heard until recently:
"A predator never lets failure deter them."
Throw this back on me when i start whining in the spring. :)
Oh Im going predatory alright, Im driving straight home, catching a nap and then Im gonna swap out gear in the truck and promptly drive to Yancey Co. in the a.m. and shoot the first deer that comes by.

I'll remember you come spring buddy. ?

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I’ve seen some very nice deer along 33 through there in my travels. Surprised you didn’t see any tines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Yep, that's it...out of time and vacation time. My predatory has been deterred.
But only temporarily get you deer on ground then we'll go have some squirrel fun. I'm heading to south mtn tom morning after work maybe I'll see couple for supper