10/18

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Was hoping the temp drop would have them up last night but no luck. Might try again this evening if I have time. Good luck today everyone.

TH7

Eight Pointer
Chill in the air is refreshing. Birds are singin. Have a great day

Attachments

• 20191018_065734.jpg
    20191018_065734.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 97

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Worked my way in to the popup blind at daybreak, now I'm just sitting in the rocker and waiting.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cgrhyne

Six Pointer
Had 3 at the ear 8’s and a spike roll through together at 740, browsing acorns. Felt nice to pick the bow up, but all got passes in hopes of being special next year. Two of the 8’s clacked horns for a minute or so, but then walked out like best buds.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Sitting overlooking a soybean field. Sounds like timber cutting started not far from me....might have to rethink afternoon location.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I’m about 400 yards into this track and I have no clue he an animal bleeding this much from obvious lung hit is still on its feet. Literally is stumbling into trees and falling down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kane_b

Six Pointer
I’m about 400 yards into this track and I have no clue he an animal bleeding this much from obvious lung hit is still on its feet. Literally is stumbling into trees and falling down

Its nuts

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

Back out & let it bed down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Tracked her 600 yards to our property line and she ain’t in site of the markers.... gonna back out and find the land owners info since it’s not one of our leases. Also gonna go check my zero, but the color and amount f blood I’d have bet money she was in 150 yards. Bright frothy blood and spattered knee high on every thing she passed. I’m at a loss on this one

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Tracked her 600 yards to our property line and she ain’t in site of the markers.... gonna back out and find the land owners info since it’s not one of our leases. Also gonna go check my zero, but the color and amount f blood I’d have bet money she was in 150 yards. Bright frothy blood and spattered knee high on every thing she passed. I’m at a loss on this one

Good luck , I hope you get to go get her. They can cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time even lethally wounded

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It figures.

Didn't see anything this morning, came out at midday for lunch, went to the mailbox and a deer was crossing the road!

Just a little one, but it rankles me.

Wondering if TravisLH is having any luck finding that deer.......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns

Just out of curiosty what gun where you using today?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Was a 6.5 Grendel .... taken several with it and never had an issue with performance.
Called and left a message with the gis number listed but haven’t heard anything. Even back tracked to see maybe if she did a 180 or something crazy. I seriously am at a loss after seeing the amount of blood that was shed, found her last blood about 30 yards shy of the property line and it looks like the ground is torn to bits in death throws and there’s a bloody patch almost a square yard around. That’s the last blood but there are obvious shuffle tracks that go over the property line, I know we rarely get a bear on cam but either something picked her up and ran off with the body or she stood back up didn’t bleed any more and hobbled off property.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I was just curious....they can run off with anything.
Hopefully you can find her.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Was a 6.5 Grendel .... taken several with it and never had an issue with performance.
Called and left a message with the gis number listed but haven’t heard anything. Even back tracked to see maybe if she did a 180 or something crazy. I seriously am at a loss after seeing the amount of blood that was shed, found her last blood about 30 yards shy of the property line and it looks like the ground is torn to bits in death throws and there’s a bloody patch almost a square yard around. That’s the last blood but there are obvious shuffle tracks that go over the property line, I know we rarely get a bear on cam but either something picked her up and ran off with the body or she stood back up didn’t bleed any more and hobbled off property.

Maybe land owner you called was hunting property line and saw her and got her at his house. :unsure: