10/17 Live

TH7

Eight Pointer
Chilly and damp this a.m. Be safe and enjoy the wonderful creation all around us.

Wind on accuweather always seems to be way off. Says gusts up to 14 for 7 a.m. and it's dead. I need to get a hunting app, as I've been saying I'm going to. They any better for wind?

704Josh

Four Pointer
Wind is dead here too. Nice and cool though. Only second time hunting this spot, hoping the 10pt shows up!
Good luck everyone.

Eubanks01

Eight Pointer
I'm in in Harnett. Got a little late start. First time hunting my box blind. Gonna be a short one have to be home by 10, but I'll be back out this evening. Good luck to everyone.

CAP305

Six Pointer
Heading out to Uwharrie this afternoon. Scouting/Hunting a new area for me. Looking forward to it being cool in the afternoon.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Saw 2 just at daylight, not enough light to tell if they were does or state records so didn’t even raise the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
It’s blowing stuff sideways here. Wanted to get the 8 yo to the range before the yahoos come out but way too windy and light rain again. Avoiding cleaning my garage(s) plural. 6 bays between the two and can’t fit a car in there? In my defense, the lower garage has high humidity I need to deal with drain pipe collapsing and the upper garage is holding 150+ 2x12s and 50 4x4x12s along with all power/yard tools and kids bikes.

johnnyk2000

Eight Pointer
Up a tree on camp Lejeune in the management area. Stumbled upon this hardwood edge with some fresh sign and a young pine thicket with scrub oaks. Darn wind cant make up its mind. Here until dark

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Was out working on a blind around noon and heard shots from the direction of my neighbor, so I assume he got one. Also saw a doe crossing the highway around mid-morning and lots of fresh sign since yesterday.

This wind will start dying down after 5 pm, could be a good evening to be out......

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
Got in this morning at 7:00 a.m. At 8:50 two does came through, both to small. 15 minutes later a button buck came through. Got down at 11:00 and went to pull some cards. Saw lots of scrapes along a creek bottom. First ones I've seen.

CAP305

Six Pointer
Ended up on a pee dee tract by tillery overlooking a trail in crp at the edge pf woods and power line. Never hunted this spot before. Wind a bit dodgy but hope to see something.

buckman84

Eight Pointer
I'll be in a climber here soon in a oak grove thats ate up with deer sign. Good luck to everyone heading out and stay safe!

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
Nice breeze in my face, & plenty of culled sweet potatoes on the ground.

Not a bad set up for the first gun hunt of the year for me. Only two packs of venison burger left in the freezer, so I’m not picky today!

0D97B365-AFE3-4313-9020-E59FBFCAF5B3.jpeg

Last edited:

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Slipped into theback of a Soybean field today for my 1st hunt of the year.
Seen more deer tracks walking in than I have ever seen here before.
85555e3837b3c01d6bbbd687fd2e8d85.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Was just now able to climb up into my ladder stand. Had to stand at the base of the tree for a few minutes, waiting for the small deer that was already here to move off.

Good problem to have......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thomas270

Ten Pointer
Walking to the stand got settled in and a nice young 6 was already in the field. He was behind some brush in the picked corn, so we hid from each other on my walk in. Hope his daddy or granddaddy comes out a little later?

Dhumpy

Four Pointer
Tucked up close to a thicket with the stick and string this evening, saw a good one headed this way this morning so hopefully he’s still in here.

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
Climbed the stand at 6 and at 605 had a 4ptr and a cowhorn come in. Cowhorn made a scrape on his way out. Man I love this sport!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Only been in tree 2 times this year and already frustrated with hunting. Good thing i didnt go today. As im setting here looking out the window 5 minutes ago 4 does crossed driveway and headed to corn pile!!!!

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Seen 5 does and 1 buck....of course the buck came out just far enough away and close enough to dark that I couldn't make out how many points he had.
I could see the frame though, and he was about as wide as his ears.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Got away late, climbed a lockon on a hay field about 6pm. Saw 18. Couple lil fellers worrying does. One big feller in easy rifle range, but that don’t mean jack in Orange Co this time of year...

Deerhuntr

Ten Pointer
Seen plenty of deer this morning and one buck this evening. Was nice to hunt without breaking a sweat for a change.