10/15 Live

np307

Ten Pointer
Anybody else out this morning?

Went in blind to a spot on game lands. My escouting abilities seem to be pretty good at finding where deer are; not so great about finding a spot to set up. Bumped at least two on the walk in and another winded me from behind as I was getting set up. Lots of rubs. Woods got too thick though so I have maybe 15 yards to shoot and maybe 5 yards visibility to my sides. Probably going to give everything time to calm down then ease down the trail a little back to where I can get a better spot.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
In the Croatan, same place where I shot that deer Saturday morning. Nothing so far except some migrating ducks way overhead.

buckman84

Eight Pointer
Out on private here in union county overlooking a creek bottom. Nice cool morning, no light needed slipping in this morning. Good luck everyone and stay safe!

np307

Ten Pointer
Nice buck @Moose!

I am still hunting through the section I walked in past this morning. Several scrapes and rubs. Just had a doe cross 80 yards from me or so. Black powder or rifle and I would've had a great shot. She didnt spook though so I'm just creeping through here. Lots of acorns dropping. Wind helps cover my movement nicely.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
congrats Moose!

I've been in since 6am. Saw two does and an 8 at first light. Shot the 8 and had good blood for 40 to 50 yards. After that nada. I will try to get a dog this afternoon.

Sp8

Ten Pointer
Congrats Moose heck of a nice buck! Pinehunter hope you find him, keep us posted on the search.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Way to go, Moose! That's a stud.

Nice and cool this morning, I figured they ought to be moving somewhere.

Everybody knows the big ones are killed during the week.

Last edited:

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
44 here sure felt like hunting weather
Told wife the same thing this morning.
If I didn't have a tree fall in the back this morning, I was about to go bust some squirrel heads.

It’s gonna be hard getting used to the 3 week gun season up here, since I got accustomed to basically 8 weeks of gun hunting in NW district including musket season.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
well i cant hunt but i sure am seeing some deer.
Todays sighting was unique.
Dead deer on 15-501 near chapel hill.
car stopped. male inspecting damage on car.
Female (I am not making this up) sqautting over the deer seemingly in distress over it's fate.
Only in orange county; right @Greg

Great Buck @Moose! Congratulations.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's a right pretty buck Moose, and just the encouragement some of us need to get out there! (Ain't retirement grand?)

I couldn't go this morning because of other commitments, but I plan on being out this afternoon......

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Told wife the same thing this morning.
If I didn't have a tree fall in the back this morning, I was about to go bust some squirrel heads.

It’s gonna be hard getting used to the 3 week gun season up here, since I got accustomed to basically 8 weeks of gun hunting in NW district including musket season.
It is goof deal to live where can take advantage of 2 areas I'm close enough where I can do west and NW seasons in same time of travel

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Had fun watching a small 3 point spend the better part of a half hour wandering all around my brush blind, coming within 15 yards at one point. He finally bedded down about 40 yards behind me, and got quite a scare when I started heading out......