1/8 Live Adventure

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Well mostly live, I had an opportunity to get out this AM in the snow storm. I worked from home with a software install issue. It’s much faster on my dedicated wire vs. a site network. I had a few mishaps getting in and only had a few hours to sit in the “vertigo” stand. I even managed to drop my Binos coming down. Thankfully they were my older Nikons not the new Swaro’s. I had to slide down the cliff but got lucky and 10’ down before it got really treacherous I found a long Rhodedendron branch I had previously cut that fished them up. Always a few tense moments when you step out on snow covered branches and hope there’s more branch than snow😁 BC494F9B-1456-43B4-A906-FC9DD6F165A3.jpegB04719A3-24CC-4D88-953E-ED5AF88EA3B3.jpeg5EEB71C3-F5A6-4C2A-8E1C-7DFD3781F916.jpeg3768F792-FD81-4E76-B614-85C16A1CCC9A.jpeg

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Trail looks beautiful until I realized I’m 6’3” and my pack is taller still. After the third neck full I started shaking branches off before going under. The first pic in the post is my Flintlock after a minor snow storm restarted. Next addition will be Cow’s Knee, a full waterproof lock cover, and a leather butt stock Possibles bag. A cold brass Patchbox doesn’t open with no fingernails and my pick was in it.

Thought if I could get this software finished I could get a few afternoon hours in too. This is great tracking snow. Winds picked up and howling now and I’m a ways from finishing what I’m working on. Still not a bad way to end it if I don’t get another chance.60FC3ED1-3E15-4090-8531-3A98EB84A711.jpeg9A0F8217-3BCA-4DF6-B814-E3348E281165.jpeg7826C0BF-1C97-4BBF-BB34-A4095D52EC23.jpeg4C1DA8EE-3BEB-4F21-AC50-F8C85DBBEB45.jpeg

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Winter wonderland..please keep it up there where it belongs. Nice rifle ya got there, you can get a piece of thermo-mold plastic and creat a really form fitting shield for the cocked and uncocked positions that will sure help keep your powder dry. I did one for mine in uncocked and always wished I had done one for cocked as well.

PG2

Ten Pointer
I’m heading up to our cabin Friday afternoon but the weather says it turns warm and rain... I want snow and cold temps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Yep, I’m headed to Ocean City MD with a van full ‘O teens so I’ll miss this weekend. Forecast said warm and rain all weekend. It’s pretty frigid right now but I’m coming down with something. I’m usually out in the negatives and it’s definitely warmer than that. Today was perfect for hunting. I had a last minute request that kept me from a stand.

Good luck if your out this weekend. It sounds like it’ll be humid and damp. Might be better off with archery tackle if you’ve got it.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
I’ve found some very fresh sizable rubs but 2nd rubs are pretty spot specific from what little I know. I just hunt fair weather whenever I can and always try and hunt the first week of Nov. The lunar/pressure influences are unknown to me. I did look at a Feeding Website and it says this weekend and early next week are peaks for the month in NE PA.