1/1/2019 Happy New Year

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Had a small doe come out at last light, that's the only deer I saw toda1y...until I had to stop and let 6 cross the road 1/4 mile from where I parked.
I swear they were all sticking their tongues out at me.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I know what you mean Eric. Had to go down to Oxford at 6. Had to stop twice to get deer cross the road. Had seen hardly any deer in the fields here at the house all season. Driving back in there was one in the first field, two in the second and 9 in the field in front of the house.

getTwisted

Ten Pointer
bafc7e1d3e8e848ac70e5e704688f88c.jpg

Got my #2 hit list buck with 5 minutes left in the season. First time I had saw him in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getTwisted

Ten Pointer
couldn't pass that deer up last minutes or not, guess he thought he had it in the bag for the season wrong,congrats great deer.

Thank you. The plan was to kill him in September lol. But the final minutes worked out fine too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dropnbassonu

Four Pointer
The kids have been begging to go with me all season, but with so little places to hunt I wait until the end of the season as to not ruin one of our few spots. I will say, in all of my sits this year, taking them was the most rewarding. Trying to keep them still and quiet amidst the farting, giggling, and shuffling was a sight to behold. But when it was the moment of truth and the deer were around they froze like statues and didn't utter a word. Their excitement after I shot and following the 20yd blood trail was almost too much fun :) You'dve thought we shot a 200" deer judging from their reactions. So proud of them and can't wait for next year already. It still amazes me that my tender, sweet little girl is fascinated with cleaning a deer, lol.

Attachments

• 0101191619_HDR.jpg
    0101191619_HDR.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC07663.jpg
    DSC07663.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC07668.jpg
    DSC07668.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 13