03/03/20 - LINK UPDATED-Live Web Cam at "Deer Pantry" in Maine - 400lbs of Oats / Day

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Was thinking about building a few feeders like those for hunting.
Due to standing water the corn pile gets too wet. May add some type of cover.
They look easy to do.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Was thinking about building a few feeders like those for hunting.
Due to standing water the corn pile gets too wet. May add some type of cover.
They look easy to do.
Possible alternative to a cover might be just use a mesh bottom for water to drain on through...I use 4 perforated pans in the back yard ( made for grilling vegetables) and they work great regardless of WX

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Possible alternative to a cover might be just use a mesh bottom for water to drain on through...I use 4 perforated pans in the back yard ( made for grilling vegetables) and they work great regardless of WX
Great man thats what I will try first.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
2-3 dozen turkeys showing up...funny to watch the territorial Does try to scare them away from the oats
:)

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My mom still lives in Maine, about two hours north of this place. I was telling her about it the other night, and she said she knows of several other feeding stations set up throughout the state.

The really interesting part of this for me are the turkeys. When I was growing up in Maine in the 60s & 70's, turkeys were unheard of. Now they're just about everywhere in the state; a real success story!

Reactions: jug

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The really interesting part of this for me are the turkeys. When I was growing up in Maine in the 60s & 70's, turkeys were unheard of. Now they're just about everywhere in the state; a real success story!

same where I grew up (northern Wisconsin),,,heck I remember when they stocked the first flock down by the Dells in the 70s,,,now they run all over that state

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
My mom still lives in Maine, about two hours north of this place. I was telling her about it the other night, and she said she knows of several other feeding stations set up throughout the state.

I'm hoping to sample some that success story real soonšŸ˜

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
I have a family member in Allagash that feeds them and has about 150 deer that come every day. People from all over the place donate oats or money for him to buy it. There's at least three places up there that are feeding them.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have a family member in Allagash that feeds them and has about 150 deer that come every day. People from all over the place donate oats or money for him to buy it. There's at least three places up there that are feeding them.

Yeah, my mother mentioned the one in the Allagash, that's the one she's familiar with.