Sell me a cellular trail cam.

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
I’m looking to get a cellular camera so I dont disturb places changing cards and such. Plus it’s a long way away. I need to know more about them and which one I should get. It will be in an area with “okay” cell service and on Verizon if that matters. So, help a brother out, which one ya got and why?

Pimpscoe

Eight Pointer
Tactacam Reveal. I absolutely love mine. Batteries last forever. Great customer service, and they cost 99.00. Yes, I know you won’t find one right now, they will be out with two new models soon and one will still be low priced. Great pic quality, and fast trigger. To be honest after I set my 4 up, I stopped running my other cameras. I have too many places to hunt/scout and not enough time. Cell cams are game changers for me.

2nd Calling

Six Pointer
Tactacam Reveal. I absolutely love mine. Batteries last forever. Great customer service, and they cost 99.00. Yes, I know you won’t find one right now, they will be out with two new models soon and one will still be low priced. Great pic quality, and fast trigger. To be honest after I set my 4 up, I stopped running my other cameras. I have too many places to hunt/scout and not enough time. Cell cams are game changers for me.
Ditto

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We have 2 SPYPOINT cams that so far have worked just fine....but we want some Reveals also.... they have way better reviews

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I have two Spypoint Link-Darks that are on their third years. Great battery life. They work in OK cell service areas.

We also run a network of Cuddelink cameras that send pics via a cell base camera. They also work in OK cell coverage and are a very economical solution for multiple cameras since you only have to pay for one cell plan. They eat batteries though.

maz

Button Buck
Spypoint sells this gadget, makes any trail camera a cell camera. Decent reviews. Just a thought if you already have good cameras.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've got a brand new in the unopened box modem for a 2015 or newer Moultrie that uses AT&T for service, I've got another one at my house and bought this one for the lease that I'm not renewing this year.
I think service starts at $10 a month, no contract, and runs up to $16 a month unlimited views.
Works great with my 2015 Moultrie camera that I already had.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
have a att reveal. been out since november, still full batteries, many pics. no issues.
tried spypoint 1st, no service in my area but that seems to be normal and it may work. I just took it back when I could not get a good signal. employee had one do the same and he put it out anyway and it worked.

csmacken

Four Pointer
Spypoint sells this gadget, makes any trail camera a cell camera. Decent reviews. Just a thought if you already have good cameras.

I had 2 of these. Seems to have issues with the newer browning cameras. FYI...

We had just purchased 2 Muddy trail cameras and are extremely satisfied with them. You can control them very easily and use them with our Verizon phones, but we pay AT&T $5 a month each camera for the wifi on the MUDDY. Easy set up as well. They still have full batteries since we put them out 4 days ago. We are looking to buy some more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210304-090259_COMMAND.jpg
    Screenshot_20210304-090259_COMMAND.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20210304-090253_COMMAND.jpg
    Screenshot_20210304-090253_COMMAND.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20210304-090243_COMMAND.jpg
    Screenshot_20210304-090243_COMMAND.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 15224.jpeg
    15224.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 11

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
you can find it much cheaper. I paid 120 in October. It was hard to find then but got a at@t thru a website. not sure which, sorry.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
We had just purchased 2 Muddy trail cameras and are extremely satisfied with them. You can control them very easily and use them with our Verizon phones, but we pay AT&T $5 a month each camera for the wifi on the MUDDY. Easy set up as well. They still have full batteries since we put them out 4 days ago. We are looking to buy some more.
wondering how far your camera is from those animals roughly? i had one setup what i thought was far enough away but really limited the view and now its further away but doesnt seem to go off as often.

wondering how far your camera is from those animals roughly? i had one setup what i thought was far enough away but really limited the view and now its further away but doesnt seem to go off as often.
Old thread but thought I'd share these dawn and daytime photos too for folks to see how clear they are on the Muddy camera.

Attachments

• 15394.jpeg
    15394.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 16
  • 15399.jpeg
    15399.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 19
  • 15401.jpeg
    15401.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 15404.jpeg
    15404.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 17

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Old thread but thought I'd share these dawn and daytime photos too for folks to see how clear they are on the Muddy camera.
thanks ive got a stealth cam and after having it setup a couple months im not really happy with its trigger speed. i feel like im getting way to many blank shots from it not triggering fast enough

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Got a tactacam reveal. Gonna find out what the hype is about. I just hope it’s a solid camera. It doesn’t need to be outstanding for me.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've had the reveal out since late october last year and have gotten several hundred pics. battery still at 100%. have it set on highest mp's 24. no delay.
I have played with settings to see what works best. I know I miss pics. Last time out I moved the camera. I took no pics of me or the move. get lots of pics with no animals. blurry pics. it is not 24mp pics coming through the phone. have not pulled the card to check on a computer yet. may have better pics.
I will call customer service once I do pull the card to see what I may have set wrong. haha

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
I've had the reveal out since late october last year and have gotten several hundred pics. battery still at 100%. have it set on highest mp's 24. no delay.
I have played with settings to see what works best. I know I miss pics. Last time out I moved the camera. I took no pics of me or the move. get lots of pics with no animals. blurry pics. it is not 24mp pics coming through the phone. have not pulled the card to check on a computer yet. may have better pics.
I will call customer service once I do pull the card to see what I may have set wrong. haha
You think it’s your own doing then?

DeerJerky

Six Pointer
Contributor
I have 4 Reveals. They all work flawlessly.
The only way I was able to find them is to find the Walmart stores that carry them and frequent them often till I catch them in stock.
I bought my last one a couple weeks ago. They had 3 in stock at the time. They were gone the next day.
dj

82ndAirborneVet

Four Pointer
So I have US Cellular but you said you pay AT&T for the wifi they use. Can I put them on their own plan even though I have a different Cell Company. I saw you have Verizon.