Need a haircut

specialk

Twelve Pointer
the lady that does mine does it in her house.....she's still cutting.....she spaces out appts. so only 1 client is there at a time.....

Hoss

Eight Pointer
My daughter that lives in Cary cuts mine but due to the stay at home orders from the gov. Im letting mine grow .

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
I broke down yesterday and shaved mine. I’m pretty funny about barbers. The one I use in PA is almost zero English speaking but is really good. A guy at the local site calls and schedules(sort of). My only problem is if he has someone else come in I’m waiting a long time. He takes almost an hour cutting my hair. He also recently opened his own shop and works as a FL Driver at AE 4 days a week. I go about every 3 weeks and am likely one of the few Caucasians and biggest tippers he has. It doesn’t buy me a fixed appt like my Raleigh barber but I appreciate his skill and his ambition. My Wife on the other hand loves a shaved head and told me today I look younger now. With a boyish face in a Dir role it’s actually the opposite I’m going for but we are going to be home bound for at least another month so I’ll roll with it a while. My Barber is in the roughish Urban area and now that the virus hit there it’s sweeping through the mainly Dominican population extremely fast. Even after this subsides I’ll wait a bit to go back.

Infamous1

Eight Pointer
Had my wife (at the time girlfriend) shave my head with a safety razor 20+ years ago on a dare from a buddy. Been using Wahl clippers with no guard or a safety razor ever since.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Cut my own for years. Since I came back to Carolina I been having it done by an old friend. She called me the other day and said if i was in need she'd cut it on her porch. Lol, good friend....

CarolinaReaper

Anyone in the Winston Salem area doing in home appointments? Man, I really am kicking my own :donk for not going before my local place shut down. I am by NO means a barber, but as my hair gets much longer and crazier looking, my clippers look friendlier and friendlier every day......

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone in the Winston Salem area doing in home appointments? Man, I really am kicking my own :donk for not going before my local place shut down. I am by NO means a barber, but as my hair gets much longer and crazier looking, my clippers look friendlier and friendlier every day......

So you don't want to risk your life to deliver appliances but are okay for a barber to do home appointments?

CarolinaReaper

So you don't want to risk your life to deliver appliances but are okay for a barber to do home appointments?

That's a pretty good jab Homebrew.

Well honestly, one on one, I think there's a lot less danger there. Especially if they can do a personal in depth check on who it is that's coming over. But in all seriousness it was meant predominantly as a joke. The girl i'v had cutting my hair for years has offered for me to do an in home appointment, but she has a 4 year old and I am not trying to be around a young kid with as many people I see everyday.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Been doing my own for about 2 years. Buzzing my head so it's easier for the dermatologist to see my scalp and so more of a cream to remove actinic keratosis reaches my scalp. Harder than I thought. Wife has to "touch" it up. Bought a cheap one from Walmart.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
and if she gets caught doing hair in her house, she'll see a big fine and lose her license. Of all the ones that I know, they are not risking it.

TKL

Four Pointer
I just cut mine. It was the 1st time I had ever attempted that. Wife and kids say I did a right fair job. Wife said it was a little shorter than normal but hey it starting to warm up so what is wrong with a summertime haircut.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I used to keep my hair collar length or longer & curling over the ears. But once I grew the beard out, I switched to a “slick back fade”: Almost buzzed on the sides & back, longer on top, or as my wife calls it, the hipster haircut. Luckily I got mine cut the week before the salons shut down, so I’ll be good for awhile. Not getting dressed up & going anywhere anyway, so I’m saving on hair wax & gel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I ordered a set of Wahls last week. Wifey gave me a ‘Rona cut last night. Doubt I ever go back to a barbershop. Was threatening to do it anyway with the way prices were going up, and this was all the excuse I needed(y)

witler

Eight Pointer
Real world problems these days -

I get my haircut about every 3 weeks. I pay a local young lady to run a #2 clipper over my entire head. Takes about 10 minutes or less but worth it to me. She does a good job and catches me up on the local news.

Well, she called me last night and is closing her shop for an undetermined amount of time due to the COVID-19 restrictions.

So, I am in need of a good clipper with a #2 blade. Gonna start just doing it myself. Who here cuts their own hair and what clipper do you use? Preferably one I can get from Amazon.

Many thanks my well groomed friends....... And now I will have to get my local news from all of you knuckleheads too.

Either me or my wife cuts mine, same as you had yours cut.
I have a Wahl's clipper set from Wally World,. I do the all over buzz using a 1/2 or 3/8" tip. I have doing this for years and have been pleased. I later bought a sideburn trimmer that we use for the neck and around the ears. Looking back with the price of a cut these days, I have saved a bit of money.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Most barbershops i patronize are locally owned

thought we were supposed to support these local places?

whats with this saving money stuff??

thbassin

Button Buck
It happens...

9c8876fd7b35adfb04fe57369f285663.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk