Whatcha drinking tonight?

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Breckenridge Port Barrell Finish. Wouldn’t have bought it as it’s not a Kentucky Bourbon, but having received it as a gift makes it taste even better. I doubt I’ll ever see another bottle on a shelf in an ABC store, but if I do I’ll buy it. Delicious.

Attachments

• 6B170F87-BA36-44AC-A5B6-1181375E5529.jpeg
    6B170F87-BA36-44AC-A5B6-1181375E5529.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 32

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
I don’t know why everyone is making a big deal out of buffalo trace. I found nothing special out of it.

There isn’t, it’s a lower tier bourbon just happens to be made by the same distillery as Pappy van winkle. Everything in the bourbon world now revolves around pappy. I hope that changes soon.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
20190117_205838.jpg
My all time #1...and I'm nursing this bottle as long as I can....dont know when I'll find another, or if I'll be able to afford it when I do lol

And don't say try the ER 10, it tastes like a dirt road next to that^^^

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Started with Outer Banks Pecan with Honey in Sprite, went to Bumbu and sprite, and then back to Outer Banks Pecan again. The Pecan rum is my favorite

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was visiting in Maine earlier this month and found it interesting that they sell hard liquor in the grocery stores, not ABC stores. (And they had plenty of Blanton's & Buffalo Trace stocked).

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I was visiting in Maine earlier this month and found it interesting that they sell hard liquor in the grocery stores, not ABC stores. (And they had plenty of Blanton's & Buffalo Trace stocked).
a

see that in many states,,,most don't have the blue law oriented bureaucratic Alchohol boards of CONTROL,,,,

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I've seen that in several states first one I remember thinking is this even legal being brought up in sheltered mtns of Va it really shocked me the ABC store was always kinda thought bad of on my moms side while my dads side kept them in business

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I grew up in Northern Wisconsin (yeah, I know, yankee this and yankee that) and they sell it in groceries there as well

heck the best gun shop in my small town had guns and ammo on one side and alchohol on the other (and kegs out back),,,

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Opened a bottle of Irish whiskey called "Redbreast" tonight. Its ok, but its not bourbon.........
I was a 12y/o Jameson Irish Whiskey fan until my local ABC store stopped carrying it. They have the 3y/o and then a 30y/o that is $150.00, which is just over where I draw the line. The clerk suggested 12y/o Redbreast instead and it is very good, but not up to the Jameson standards. And you are right it certainly isn't bourbon.

fishinRod

Ten Pointer
juice of 1 lime, 1 shot Triple-Sec, 1 shot Jose Cuervo (kept in freezer), 4 ice cubes and topped off with Jumex Mango Nectar in a salted rim glass...……..delicious, nice mellow feeling, no hangover at all.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I grew up in Northern Wisconsin (yeah, I know, yankee this and yankee that) and they sell it in groceries there as well

heck the best gun shop in my small town had guns and ammo on one side and alchohol on the other (and kegs out back),,,

Yes, I spend a week in Sawyer county every November, and we get our beverages from the convenience store on the corner, which also sells fishing tackle, bait, licenses, etc. The selection is better at the Quickie-Mart than at any ABC store I've ever been to in NC...