Since the archery thread is slow

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
I'll spice it up.

I hunt pretty urban.
Had a good spot last year.
Well had the thought process this year I was going to wack all the does I was supposed to and get them donated and send data to our wildlife biologest. Well some good deer showed up the week before season.
I killed one and was hoping on the other. Well another year another deer shows up across town on some feed and acorns. Unfortunately it's not my place to hunt him there.
Well.. a few weeks go by I'm busy. I get information that a deer shows up near the " had a good spot last year"
It's a different deer. One that was on camera last year.
So this back yard is eat up with rubs. I call the owner and meet him and ask again for the premmision. Older guy.
Well last night I look. See the fresh rubs. Fresh acorns. Spray my juice. Sling some corn. Rake out a spot to sit behind some brush.
Tonight went over to hunt and get settled in my spot. I park in the guys driveway infront of the house.
Well I get settled and he yells my name twice. I respond yes it's me.
"Ok ok just making sure"
He's old

Right at last light here comes this deer down the property line on a v toward this fresh rub, mock scrap, acorn tree patch. I'm sitting behind a garden fence/ brush pile.

Welp,
" Kiler, KILER,"

Yes I respond,

"Are you ok"

Yesss!

Any way that's how that went down. The deer, straight look and bolted.

Deer hunting is my favorite. Hah

Sent from my ASUS_A006 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The hazards of hunting the Backyards I guess. You will probably get him next time.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
well it is slow. = I can tell of a meessed up hunt almost as funny.
let me cut to the chase. the deer I were lying in wait for were spooked by a lady walking and whistling Christmas carols.
Not much you can do/say when the caroler is your wife. :)

I feel your pain kilerhamilton.

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
well it is slow. = I can tell of a meessed up hunt almost as funny.
let me cut to the chase. the deer I were lying in wait for were spooked by a lady walking and whistling Christmas carols.
Not much you can do/say when the caroler is your wife. :)

I feel your pain kilerhamilton.

Oldest School got run over by a Reindeer,
hunting from the ground on Christmas eve........