Anyone ever owned a model 70 coyote in 300wsm?

22LR

Twelve Pointer
I recently acquired one on a trade and would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the model. Its semi bull barrel with laminate wood. Nice looking piece. Thanks.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Not in 300wsm but I had one in 7mm wsm and it was a very accurate gun. I had no issues out of mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
I have a cheap black shadow in 300 wsm. I love the rifle. I have drooled over the coyote in 300 wsm a time or two. Same model 70 action in a better stock and better quality over all, well congrats. Ple tell us how she shoots.

Greenecb

Button Buck
I have a cheap black shadow in 300 wsm. I love the rifle. I have drooled over the coyote in 300 wsm a time or two. Same model 70 action in a better stock and better quality over all, well congrats. Ple tell us how she shoots.
Had one for several years. Great shooting rifle, my best groups were with 165 grain ttsx, would shoot .5 moa consistently

Raging Bull

Four Pointer
I have one in 300wsm. Love it. Very accurate rifle. I had 2 exactly alike for a while but sold one last year. Shoots 180-190 extremely well. I have been considering building a custom 300wsm but don't know that it will outperform the coyote I have.

hharke

Button Buck
Contributor
I had one in 300 WSM and used to shoot it in 1K BR factory class. Would put 5 shots in 5-6 inches at 1000. great gun.

22LR

Twelve Pointer
I shot my rifle at 100 yards with two factory loads. Winchester Power Point 180 grain & Federal deer thugs 165 grain bonded sp. The Federal shot best at 1.5" group. I believe the rifle is capable of better accuracy, I'm not the best shot by any means.

Raging Bull

Four Pointer
Been working on load development with 190 SMKs in mine the past few weeks. They shoot extremely well and tested them out to 400 this weekend. 2815fps was shooting under 2" groups at 400. Going to test some 190 Accubond Long Ranges in the next few weeks. This rifle shot almost as well as one of my $3k custom rifles. Love that 300WSM.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
I shot my rifle at 100 yards with two factory loads. Winchester Power Point 180 grain & Federal deer thugs 165 grain bonded sp. The Federal shot best at 1.5" group. I believe the rifle is capable of better accuracy, I'm not the best shot by any means.
Clean the crap out of the bore and try it again.............sometimes that helps to get the fouling out and roll on....