What y’all eating

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
love those crawdads. I heard there is someone farming them somewhere in the east. can find them live locally occasionally

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
love those crawdads. I heard there is someone farming them somewhere in the east. can find them live locally occasionally

I know there is a farm in Kenly. I usually get mine from one of my wife's relatives a little east of Fayetteville.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
20210315_180407.jpg

Scored some more moose burger...... making Mom's Bacon Burgers..... when I was up there last week I tried to get her to make them with me but she wouldn't.... I thought it be fun and maybe encourage her.... I guess it reminds her of what skills she has lost. They won't be as good as hers but it always reminds me of dinners when I was a kid.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Do those go on a grill or in the oven in that dish? Looks delish regardless.
Oven never tried on grill.

20210315_191249.jpg

Mom would make multiple batches whenever burger was on sale and after cooked she'd freeze them. Then pop them out and thaw and reheat for a quick meal. It's basically a meatloaf recipe with bacon wrapped around them.... 1lb of burger made 12 of them.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Had my customary porridge with blueberries for breakfast, reheated pizza for lunch and right now getting ready to sit down to a dish of caldito, a Northern New Mexico dish made with ground chuck and diced potatoes, onion and garlic powders as well as cumin. Liquid component was a pint of bone broth I made a few days ago. Refritos and tortillas for fiber.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
View attachment 62840

Scored some more moose burger...... making Mom's Bacon Burgers..... when I was up there last week I tried to get her to make them with me but she wouldn't.... I thought it be fun and maybe encourage her.... I guess it reminds her of what skills she has lost. They won't be as good as hers but it always reminds me of dinners when I was a kid.
if we had a "love" button, this would be the first time id have used it.